Windows 10: can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo

Discus and support can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo and how do i do it ? 25583 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by calvin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. calvin Win User

can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo

can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo and how do i do it ?

:)

calvin, Oct 7, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

Microsoft Edge missing

You are using Edge. Bing is the search engine. See if you can change the search to Google or Yahoo.

lacrumb, Oct 7, 2015
  3. How to remove yahoo on windows 10

I believe they are trying to remove yahoo as default search engine.

I need to do this also.

I like bing but mistakenly have set my comp for yahoo whilst downloading chrome.

I no longer need chrome as a browser but bing/edge now run yahoo as search engine. I get re-directed from bing to yahoo even after chrome has been uninstalled.

i need to remove yahoo as the default search engine.

i presume the other people wanted to set google as default search engine by removing bing and yahoo as default search engines.

Funky Buddha, Oct 7, 2015
  4. can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo

Hit the 3 ... on the right hand side. Go to settings. Then View Advanced Settings. Scroll till you see search in the address bar with. Click on this then click on add. Click on Yahoo then add as default if you wish to make it your default search engine.

GamerwGlasses, Oct 7, 2015
  5. calvin Win User
    didn't work ....hit the 3 ?

calvin, Oct 7, 2015
  6. Yes on the right hand side under the X (close button) there are 3 .... (dots). Click on it. Then proceed until you find the section that allows you to add a new search provider. You may have to visit yahoo.com for it to show up. If not, visit Yahoo then repeat the steps. You should eventually see Yahoo as a choice.

GamerwGlasses, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo

1. can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo - Similar Threads - change search engine

2. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  3. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  4. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Search engine keeps changing to Yahoo or Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Search engine keeps changing to Yahoo or Bing: [ATTACH]Some users noticed a weird issue in their web browsers. Their default search engine changes automatically to Yahoo or Bing. This issue was mostly reported on Google Chrome. However, if you use another web browser, you may also experience this problem. According to...
  6. yahoo search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    yahoo search engine: For some reason, when i open Google Chrome, it shows yahoo search engine, even though I don't have yahoo installed on my computer. I would like to know how to remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-search-engine/0f07dd0d-d659-40ee-8539-f5e38a9a3dbc
  7. BING SEARCH ENGINE

in Windows 10 Customization
    BING SEARCH ENGINE: Whenever I click on Google Chrome I get BING. I want that to stop. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-engine/ba5e3cd1-9db2-4f33-9d0c-8a1bcd9ed342
  8. MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing: Hi, This morning, MS Edge defaults to Bing as the search engine even though the default setting is set to Google. I can't get it to default to Google, even though I am able to manually select Google as the search engine. How can I check if this is a problem with MS Edge or...
  9. Yahoo search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo search engine: Hi This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the...
  10. Bing search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Bing search engine: Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff. My problem is I have FF as my default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change search engine to yahoo from bing

2. edge change the search engine greyed out