Windows 10: Can i change the serial of my connection? Currently it's "420"

Discus and support Can i change the serial of my connection? Currently it's "420" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iamEhtesham [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gt8v6d/can_i_change_the_serial_of_my_connection/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iamEhtesham, May 30, 2020.

1. Can i change the serial of my connection? Currently it's "420"

/u/iamEhtesham, May 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, May 30, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 30, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Can i change the serial of my connection? Currently it's "420"

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Can i change the serial of my connection? Currently it's "420"

1. Can i change the serial of my connection? Currently it's "420" - Similar Threads - change serial connection

2. How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial: I had a slow laptop. I decided to reinstall the windows and format my laptop. The automatic process of windows was stopped unexpectedly and i was forced to install windows via media creation tool and a useb memory . Since i signed in my microsoft account the windows are not...
  3. How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial: I had a slow laptop. I decided to reinstall the windows and format my laptop. The automatic process of windows was stopped unexpectedly and i was forced to install windows via media creation tool and a useb memory . Since i signed in my microsoft account the windows are not...
  4. How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. It can not change serial-usb number on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    It can not change serial-usb number on windows 10 pro: I've installed driver to usb device. Windows had created new COM6 port for my device but application used for device need from 1 to 4 port number. So I've opened Device manager, found port USB serial port COM6 there, selected properties in context menu, clicked tab Port...
  6. Buying new computer. Can I find my current serial number and use it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Buying new computer. Can I find my current serial number and use it?: Hello, Is there a way to see what serial key my computer uses, and find out if it can be used on my new computer? I have three computers. Two running Windows 10 Pro, the third Windows 10 Home. I know at least one was upgraded from a Windows 7. One I know is a retail and the...
  7. How can I change my current email alias from uppercase to lowercase?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I change my current email alias from uppercase to lowercase?: When I log in to https://account.microsoft.com my email address is lowercase and it is correct. But when I log in to https://account.live.com my email address has few letters in uppercase and as a result on my Windows login screen my email also is shown wrong. I tried to add...
  8. physical serial ports (Not USB connected)

physical serial ports (Not USB connected): My tower has two physical (old school) serial ports which I need to use for a Kenwood CAT radio interface (TS-850) and a RigBlaster PRO soundcard digital interface at the same time. I have tried everything that google has found for me without any luck. I have tried 2 USB to...
  9. Epson XP-420 printer issues

Epson XP-420 printer issues: I bought a new laptop in February. I installed my Epson XP-420 printer shortly after receiving the laptop. At that point both the printer and scanner functioned . After the last update on 7-11-18 the scanner no longer functions. When I click on scan I get a message that tells...
  10. How can I change the name of my Ethernet connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change the name of my Ethernet connection?: Hi, I had the ethernet cable connected to the wifi router when I was setting it up, and this has led the name to stick with the default name given by Linksys: Linksys82501 I would like to change this so that it displays my Wifi name instead. Can this be done?...