Windows 10: Can I change the username, including user profile?

Discus and support Can I change the username, including user profile? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Acer Warranty Service returned my laptop with a username ‘acer’. It is important for me to synchronize it with another PC so I want to change this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eric Rew, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Eric Rew Win User

Can I change the username, including user profile?

Acer Warranty Service returned my laptop with a username ‘acer’. It is important for me to synchronize it with another PC so I want to change this username to mine in my profile.

I have already tried to change it through the Control Panel (User Accounts - Change your account name) and restart Windows. I was successful in changing the username but the user profile shows 'c:\Users\acer\'. As you can see, ‘acer’ is still there. What can I do to fix it?

:)

Eric Rew, Aug 2, 2018

2. How can I make a DEEP change of username, including user profile?

My laptop was returned from Acer Warranty Service with username: 'acer'. Because I need to synch it with another computer, I want to make a DEEP change of username to 'mark'.

I used 'Control Panel' > 'User Accounts' > 'Change your account name' to change the account name from 'acer' to 'mark' and then restarted Windows. However, though the username is now 'mark', the user profile is still 'c:\Users\acer\'. It needs to be 'c:\Users\mark\'.

Got any suggestions?

Warm Regards,

Mark.

MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Can I change the username, including user profile?

change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Can I change the username, including user profile?

1. Can I change the username, including user profile? - Similar Threads - change username including

2. Why does the username not match the user profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the username not match the user profile?: I have installed Windows 11 on a newly built computer and recently noticed that the name of the sole user is not listed in c:/Users/ as the usual c:/Users/<user name>In fact the user name is listed as "User", i.e. c:/Users/User How is this even possible and how can this be...
  3. Why does the username not match the user profile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the username not match the user profile?: I have installed Windows 11 on a newly built computer and recently noticed that the name of the sole user is not listed in c:/Users/ as the usual c:/Users/<user name>In fact the user name is listed as "User", i.e. c:/Users/User How is this even possible and how can this be...
  4. How can I customize my username including user folder on a fresh installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I customize my username including user folder on a fresh installation?: Windows defaults my user folder name without my permission or approval any time I install windows using my Microsoft account.With this, my user folder comes out to "panth" and that is unacceptable for me, I want the folder to say "panther"I have tired a method involving...
  5. How can I customize my username including user folder on a fresh installation?

How can I customize my username including user folder on a fresh installation?: Windows defaults my user folder name without my permission or approval any time I install windows using my Microsoft account.With this, my user folder comes out to "panth" and that is unacceptable for me, I want the folder to say "panther"I have tired a method involving...
  6. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  7. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  8. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Changing C:\Users\USERNAME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing C:\Users\USERNAME: When setting up a computer, you are initially prompted to create a username. Once this name is created, how can it be changed? To be clear, you can change your personal account name (found under Settings>Account>Your Info), but this does not change C:\Users\USERNAME (or...
  10. How can I make a DEEP change of username, including user profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make a DEEP change of username, including user profile?: My laptop was returned from Acer Warranty Service with username: 'acer'. Because I need to synch it with another computer, I want to make a DEEP change of username to 'mark'. I used 'Control Panel' > 'User Accounts' > 'Change your account name' to change the account name...