Windows 10: Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

Discus and support Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had this problem back a while ago and I can't find the thread that helped me fix it anywhere. I rebuilt my system the other day so I had to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglepi, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

I had this problem back a while ago and I can't find the thread that helped me fix it anywhere. I rebuilt my system the other day so I had to switch out my motherboard to a new case, I made sure all the hard drives were connected to the same Sata ports so everything stayed the same. However now when I open up file Explorer, it has the quick access links and then all the links under this PC then it shows my drives.

I would like to make it so that under this PC the only thing that shows up our my drives and none of the other shortcuts. I'm okay with the quick access be in the same.

This happened to me once before and somebody on here helped me fix it but like I said I can't find that thread anywhere. Sorry for asking again but I'd appreciate some help
    Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side [​IMG]

:)

Eaglepi, Nov 27, 2018
  2. elTopo Win User

Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer

For example, here's the "explorer" of some program. Here you can see on the left two times "Music" with the very same icon. But it doesn't seem to be the same thing.

Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side [​IMG]

One time, it seems to be a folder of some kind... Second time it seems to be a library.

Qs:
    • Why this very confusing folder/libary naming?
    • How can I have my windows explorer show the libraries instead of the folders?

thnx

elTopo, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

1. Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side - Similar Threads - change appears file

2. Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer: I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on "KingKong" (the name I gave my computer), hard drives J and L aren't listed under KingKong on the left but they're listed in...
  3. Extra mousebuttons (Left side)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra mousebuttons (Left side): I've got 2 extra mouse buttons at the left side of my mouse. I wanna assign that buttons to play games. But when i push the first button, the windows menu shows up (Windows key) and when I push the second one, the tab closes. Where can i control this option, if i wanna assign...
  4. Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer: I've added folders to my libraries (like music, pictures etc.) but in the explorer they don't appear there, on the left. Instead I (gather that) I see folders with the same names as the libraries (which is quite confusing)... For example, in the "music" library I have...
  5. Changing what is displayed in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing what is displayed in File Explorer?: So I am hoping this is the right area... I have set up a company on Onedrive for business. I was wondering how can I remove standard Onedrive from the left panel in file explorer as some of the users are getting confused with two different options of Onedrive. Thanks. 37812
  6. Left Side Sharing Popout

in Browsers and Email
    Left Side Sharing Popout: Hi all I am new so please be gentle- I would appreciate any help on how to stop the very annoying sharing popout on the left of my screen on a lot of sites I go to. I have seen small grey "close" arrow and do so but it immediately comes back again. I do not use any...
  7. What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer: 10C1C64FFDSC69827ABF b7f63cc5ba627ee9391 Note the former is all caps while the later only lower case letters. Their locations in File Explorer seems to change a lot and they don't open. I made up these numbers because when I went to find them, I couldn't and don't know...
  8. Left Side Cutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Side Cutoff: First time user, today, the left side of my monitor screens are cut off, can't see the icons and same when I use my email. Cant recall doing anything to cause this misbehavior. Any advise be much appreciated. 34802
  9. File names in Left Panel of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    File names in Left Panel of File Explorer: A brief apology: I'm probably too old to mess with this stuff (pulling 80,) but I like to try. Please be patient with me, and ask for details if I am not stating my problem clearly. I have searched, but could not find this problem already discussed in this forum. I just...
  10. How do I change what locations appear in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change what locations appear in Windows Explorer: [img] (BARS ON THE LEFT *Biggrin)Hello guys I'm looking to customize what appears in the quick access menu and I am also looking to give Google Drive it's own drop down menu (not in quick access), is there some folder options that I can change somewhere to customize these...