Windows 10: Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

Discus and support Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had this problem back a while ago and I can't find the thread that helped me fix it anywhere. I rebuilt my system the other day so I had to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglepi, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

I had this problem back a while ago and I can't find the thread that helped me fix it anywhere. I rebuilt my system the other day so I had to switch out my motherboard to a new case, I made sure all the hard drives were connected to the same Sata ports so everything stayed the same. However now when I open up file Explorer, it has the quick access links and then all the links under this PC then it shows my drives.

I would like to make it so that under this PC the only thing that shows up our my drives and none of the other shortcuts. I'm okay with the quick access be in the same.

This happened to me once before and somebody on here helped me fix it but like I said I can't find that thread anywhere. Sorry for asking again but I'd appreciate some help
    Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side [​IMG]

:)

Eaglepi, Nov 27, 2018
  2. elTopo Win User

Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer

For example, here's the "explorer" of some program. Here you can see on the left two times "Music" with the very same icon. But it doesn't seem to be the same thing.

Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side [​IMG]

One time, it seems to be a folder of some kind... Second time it seems to be a library.

Qs:
    • Why this very confusing folder/libary naming?
    • How can I have my windows explorer show the libraries instead of the folders?

thnx

elTopo, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

1. Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side - Similar Threads - change appears file

2. Is there any way I can change the appearance of Windows 10 file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way I can change the appearance of Windows 10 file explorer?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/o9pl2flpf6561.png?width=1024&format=png&auto=webp&s=6b6e81e72e9e3a76b3d6e8aafbcba761453bd474 I recently came across a tool called macOS transformation pack....
  3. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.: How do I get them on the alpha list? submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf33o/apps_on_start_menu_right_side_not_appearing_on/
  4. File Explorer Appearance changes after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Appearance changes after update: I have noticed that my file explorer has changed its appearance to a windows 7 like appearance. Especially that am using dark mode its become difficult for me to read some file names in the address. I have inserted a picture to show this difference. How can I revert to the...
  5. When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes

When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes: When ever i try to open the context menu on the left side oft the explorer window(where i can see all my drives) explorer closes however when i right click on the right side everything is ok from event viewer i can see that the problem is shell32.dll this is the error log...
  6. file explorer changed appearance after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer changed appearance after update: Hi all. My system auto updated and now my file explorer has changed it's appearance and I hate it. How can I get the old format back? TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-changed-appearance-after-update/3306555e-05f6-438c-87de-66ed2b0cae2c
  7. File Explorer Left Side Menu Missing

File Explorer Left Side Menu Missing: I was prompted to update today and I did. Now, when I open File Explorer, the menu tab on the left side of the file explorer window is missing the menu that listed the folders (documents, this PC, whatever external storage I had plugged into a USB port, etc...) I want that...
  8. Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?: Is there is way to move my pinned Favorites bar from the right side of the screen to the left side of the screen? I think it is more convenient to get it on the left. Thank you...
  9. Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer: I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on "KingKong" (the name I gave my computer), hard drives J and L aren't listed under KingKong on the left but they're listed in...
  10. What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer: 10C1C64FFDSC69827ABF b7f63cc5ba627ee9391 Note the former is all caps while the later only lower case letters. Their locations in File Explorer seems to change a lot and they don't open. I made up these numbers because when I went to find them, I couldn't and don't know...