Windows 10: Can I change Word/Outloook panes from bright white to gray?

Discus and support Can I change Word/Outloook panes from bright white to gray? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; White hurts my eyes when I stare at it all day. I changed the Office Theme to Dark Gray, and when that didn't change the background for a page in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by happyskrappy, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Can I change Word/Outloook panes from bright white to gray?

White hurts my eyes when I stare at it all day. I changed the Office Theme to Dark Gray, and when that didn't change the background for a page in Outlook or Word, I changed it to black which still didn't have much of an effect on the color of the page.

I've managed to change Excel so that when I open it, the worksheets are gray. I thought by changing the HKEY value for "Window" that it would change the color of the page in Outlook and Word, but no dice, it's still white (though it's gray in Excel, which is great). So I changed the color of the AppWorkspace HKEY value to match the "Window" value, but my outlook emails and word files are still bright white.

Any ideas here? My eyes, and by extension, the rest of my body are tired...

TIA for any advice. Other responses I've seen to this question by Microsoft seems to imply that changing the Office Theme solves all problems and they're totally wrong.

:)

happyskrappy, Aug 19, 2019
  2. DB_083 Win User

Changing color settings in Windows 10 from white to gray so Excel files open with a gray background

Thanks for the suggestion

This is not really solving the problem however.

All your procedure does is change the color of menu items to dark gray. But the excel page itself still remains bright white. I want the excel page to be gray color (or for that matter the Microsoft word page to be gray instead of white). Earlier versions
    of Windows allowed this, but I can't get it to work in Windows 10. Do you have a solution for how to do this?

DB_083, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Stevekir Win User
    Stevekir, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Can I change Word/Outloook panes from bright white to gray?

Windows 10 1809: Cannot change screen brightness, floating white shapes on screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

As you have already updated the graphics drivers, you may want to consider these options like disabling adaptive brightness and reinstall the driver.

Follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the battery icon in the system tray, and click Power Options.
    2. On the left-pane, click Choose when to turn off the display option to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    3. Click Change advanced power settings to open Power Options dialog.
    4. Expand Display, Expand Enable adaptive brightness, and then select off option for both ‘On battery’ and ‘Plugged in’.
    5. Click Apply button.
    Suggest you to refer to the steps provided by ‘Andre
    Da Costa’ from this thread

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

You can manually download the drivers from the
    Lenovo link

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Can I change Word/Outloook panes from bright white to gray?

1. Can I change Word/Outloook panes from bright white to gray? - Similar Threads - change Word Outloook

2. I cant change the color on my PC. Its gray white and black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change the color on my PC. Its gray white and black: I have tried everything but am unable to turn my color back on. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-color-on-my-pc-its-gray-white/8a637b3a-71cd-4791-b8a9-3e3df8ab5f07
  3. I cant change the color on my PC. Its gray white and black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant change the color on my PC. Its gray white and black: I have tried everything but am unable to turn my color back on. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-color-on-my-pc-its-gray-white/8a637b3a-71cd-4791-b8a9-3e3df8ab5f07
  4. I can not change my screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not change my screen brightness.: I tried to update the display drivers as well. It did not work. What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-change-my-screen-brightness/200d24d9-5350-470c-8f3c-09009e9e8f07
  5. I can not change my screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not change my screen brightness.: I tried to update the display drivers as well. It did not work. What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-change-my-screen-brightness/200d24d9-5350-470c-8f3c-09009e9e8f07
  6. I can not change my screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is there a easy way to change window background color from white to gray ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a easy way to change window background color from white to gray ?: I like avoid ultrauxthemepatcher but i see not screenshot how windows 10 themes look in windows in the appstore. does somebody know a skin or more skins that have middle grey windows simular as this. https://themepack.me/skin/grey-eve/ but i will not install...
  8. How Can I Change Display Brightness?

How Can I Change Display Brightness?: Starting with build 18912 and in 18917 (20H1), the slider for changing the brightness is missing from the action center. This has occurred on both the desktop and laptop PCs (Acer Aspire and Lenovo 1530 Flex). Using the manufacturers keys to change the brightness no longer...
  9. Monitor is Gray and white

Monitor is Gray and white: I am unable to change to a color on my monitor. I too have the 50 shades of gray issue. How can I get some color in my life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-gray-and-white/5a54556e-e9b0-44a9-972b-53eee7ec962d
  10. Cortana/Search field color changing from default gray to white

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/Search field color changing from default gray to white: I thought I would post this and see if anyone has a real solution. Yesterday I noticed that after my morning startup the color of the Cortana/Search field was no longer it's default gray but was now white. I had made no changed to my PC (i.e. no system updates, no new...