Windows 10: Can i chose where the restore points are put?

Discus and support Can i chose where the restore points are put? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thinking of getting a new computer which has 2 drives. A 256g is it sdd or something? And a 1t disk drive, the old type I like to leave lots of room... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anon125, Jul 3, 2021.

1. anon125 Win User

Can i chose where the restore points are put?

Thinking of getting a new computer which has 2 drives. A 256g is it sdd or something? And a 1t disk drive, the old type I like to leave lots of room for restore points, how much room could i need? Thanks all

:)

anon125, Jul 3, 2021
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CCan i chose where the restore points are put? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CCan i chose where the restore points are put? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jul 3, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Can i chose where the restore points are put? :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Can i chose where the restore points are put?

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

Can i chose where the restore points are put?

1. Can i chose where the restore points are put? - Similar Threads - chose where restore

2. Can I recover deleted restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover deleted restore points?: Hi all,I am trying to restore my Win11 PC to two weeks ago, but I only have two system restore points available, and they are both too recent. I know Windows deletes old restore points to make room for new ones. But is there any possible way to recover some of those old...
  3. Can I recover deleted restore points?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I recover deleted restore points?: Hi all,I am trying to restore my Win11 PC to two weeks ago, but I only have two system restore points available, and they are both too recent. I know Windows deletes old restore points to make room for new ones. But is there any possible way to recover some of those old...
  4. Can i chose where the restore points are put?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can i chose where the restore points are put?: Thinking of getting a new computer which has 2 drives. A 256g is it sdd or something? And a 1t disk drive, the old type I like to leave lots of room for restore points, how much room could i need? Thanks all 182078
  5. Created Restore Point where saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created Restore Point where saved: Created a restore point but now unable to locate it in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/created-restore-point-where-saved/efe3081a-8cfa-44a9-973f-cf2b3350fc07
  6. How can I turn on Restore Point?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I turn on Restore Point?: Hello, How can I turn on Restore Point? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-restore-point/7fa08ef3-148a-4f66-a315-1619199306a2
  7. where are restore points in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    where are restore points in Windows 10: where are restore points in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-restore-points-in-windows-10/da0460bd-2f28-471b-ac92-172b72202c67
  8. How can I change restore point in system restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I change restore point in system restore?: In system restore I have tried the displayed "automatic restore point" twice with no success. How do I select a different restore point?...
  9. Where is the Restore Point located?

Where is the Restore Point located?: I have created a Restore Point that I titled Restore Point - Oct 2 2017 on my W10 system and would to know where I can find it / where it's located on my computer so that I can delete it when I create new Restore Points? Thank you Bob 94749
  10. Where are System Restore Points...

Where are System Restore Points...: ...stored on my computer; the physical location (folder)? Thanks! 18352