Windows 10: Can i clean install windows 10 2004 on "unsupported unit"

Discus and support Can i clean install windows 10 2004 on "unsupported unit" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; this may sound a bit stupid to ask but stay with me alright. I need to reinstall windows, I do this one's a year, to ensure maximum performance. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lynet_101, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Can i clean install windows 10 2004 on "unsupported unit"

this may sound a bit stupid to ask but stay with me alright.

I need to reinstall windows, I do this one's a year, to ensure maximum performance.

Can I just install 2004 even though I get the "this unit isn't quite ready yet" inside windows update on 1909? Or do I have to find a 1909 media creation tool?

submitted by /u/lynet_101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lynet_101, Jul 20, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 20, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Can i clean install windows 10 2004 on "unsupported unit"

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Can i clean install windows 10 2004 on "unsupported unit"

1. Can i clean install windows 10 2004 on "unsupported unit" - Similar Threads - clean install 2004

2. can i install windows 10 on an unsupported cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i install windows 10 on an unsupported cpu: i have an intel pentium d and want to install windows 10/11 on it the only problem is that it doesnt have prefechw for win10 and prefechw and tpm 2.0 for 11is there any way i can install win10 64x on it it matches all requirements exept that...
  3. can i install windows 10 on an unsupported cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i install windows 10 on an unsupported cpu: i have an intel pentium d and want to install windows 10/11 on it the only problem is that it doesnt have prefechw for win10 and prefechw and tpm 2.0 for 11is there any way i can install win10 64x on it it matches all requirements exept that...
  4. can i install windows 10 on an unsupported cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Version 2004 Can not Install

Windows 10 Version 2004 Can not Install: When I do Check for Updates in Windows 10 I get the following message: "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." This message has been there since May or June of this year. Why is it...
  6. Asus X512JA - Clean Windows 10 - 2004 Install

Asus X512JA - Clean Windows 10 - 2004 Install: Hi everyone, I am facing one of those idiot issues with my laptop where I cannot install Windows 10 on a brand new laptop VivoBook X512J. The issue can be seen in this video made with my phone, sorry for the quality :) VID_20200924_092330.mp4 - Google Drive As you can see...
  7. Windows 10 Pro version 2004 Clean Install

Windows 10 Pro version 2004 Clean Install: I'm loading version 2004 form a thumb drive created using the Media Creation Tool. Everything went smoothly till reboot. The setup did not ask to remove the thumb drive for the restart. Eventually, a selection box to select one of two Windows 10 types appeared, but I...
  8. clean install windows 2004 homeandsamsung magician

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean install windows 2004 homeandsamsung magician: I have done clean install of windows 10 home 2004 in my samsung EVO 250 SSD. Before clean install, Magician was working. NOw it says device not supported. What to do? 159534
  9. Can I use local account during clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 2004?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I use local account during clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 2004?: Hello, Planing on doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 2004 Update. Am I allowed to use local / offline account during the setup? If not, is there a way I can make it do so? Just asking prior to install. 158317
  10. Clean install of windows 10 = to preloaded OS on a new unit

Clean install of windows 10 = to preloaded OS on a new unit: HP Envy on sale. I am looking at buying this new PC that still has the Windows 8.1 I am wondering if a should wait until the new PC's come out with the pre-loaded Windows 10 or does that not make any difference in regard to left over reg. files and other parts of crap soft...