Windows 10: Can I Clean Install Windows 10 Using Digital License.

Discus and support Can I Clean Install Windows 10 Using Digital License. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all,I have W10 20H2 but having major trouble with it. I am seriously considering a format and clean install but am worried because I qualified for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cruzanon, May 6, 2021.

1. Cruzanon Win User

Can I Clean Install Windows 10 Using Digital License.

Hi all,I have W10 20H2 but having major trouble with it. I am seriously considering a format and clean install but am worried because I qualified for the upgrade from W7 OEM and it loaded on top. I have done a reset due to trouble which has not helped.My windows license is digital connected to my MS account and thinking it should be ok if I format and start from scratch.Anyone know this for sure? Would appreciate any help.Cheers - Bruce

:)

Cruzanon, May 6, 2021

2. Activate windows 10 after a clean install through digital license.

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, May 6, 2021
  3. Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 2:

4. Can I Clean Install Windows 10 Using Digital License.

digital license

a key and Do this later.

Step 2:

Thema:

Can I Clean Install Windows 10 Using Digital License.

1. Can I Clean Install Windows 10 Using Digital License. - Similar Threads - Clean Install Using

2. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?: Hi,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed. When I view my Microsoft account and view my devices, my PC is displayed as Windows 10 Pro, but the serial number field just says "System Serial Number," so I assume that means it's a digital license.My PC meets the Windows 11...
  3. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?: Hi,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed. When I view my Microsoft account and view my devices, my PC is displayed as Windows 10 Pro, but the serial number field just says "System Serial Number," so I assume that means it's a digital license.My PC meets the Windows 11...
  4. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. With a digital key for Windows 11, can I do a clean install of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With a digital key for Windows 11, can I do a clean install of Windows 10?: I am going to buy a Dell Optiplex desktop. It has three options: Windows 10 pro, 11 pro, and Windows 11 Home.While Windows 11 Home is "free", I have to pay same amount for pro versions of 10, and 11.But I want Windows 10 home, which is not an available option. So here is my...
  6. Windows 10 digital license re-use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 digital license re-use: Hi, According to activation settings page, I have a digital Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft account. In case I need to change to a new computer due to theft or upgrade, is this type of license eligible for re-installation? Which information will I need to...
  7. Can I use a Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows 10 Pro?

Can I use a Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows 10 Pro?: Hello, I recently found myself needing to use Hyper-V, a feature which is only available in Windows 10 Pro. I was wondering, if I were to upgrade to windows 10 pro, would I need to buy a separate digital license, or would I just be fine with the one I bought off of the...
  8. Digital License on clean install

Digital License on clean install: I purchased W7 "upgrade from Vista" CD years ago, and then upgraded to 10 no problem when it came out. I have actually formatted since then but don't really remember how I activated it, if I used the W7 product key or what. This was all on one machine. Now that machine is...
  9. Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation

Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation: I'm doing a clean reinstall on my mother's computer. My brother initially installed the free version of Windows 10. I understand how to do the clean install, but I'm worried about reactivation. According to the instructions, all I'd have to do is login to Microsoft when...
  10. Windows installation on multiple computers using a digital license

Windows installation on multiple computers using a digital license: I understand that I can install windows 10 on another pc using the media creation tool. On my current pc, it states 'Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account', so I take it I don't have a product key. If I wanted to use installation media...