Windows 10: Can i clone a hdd too ssd with keeping the old ssd data and i mean only move os to ssd or idk

Discus and support Can i clone a hdd too ssd with keeping the old ssd data and i mean only move os to ssd or idk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can i clone a hdd too ssd with keeping the ssd data if its cloned so both hdd and ssd partition data is here pls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Jun 18, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

Can i clone a hdd too ssd with keeping the old ssd data and i mean only move os to ssd or idk

Can i clone a hdd too ssd with keeping the ssd data if its cloned so both hdd and ssd partition data is here pls

:)

sanyijani, Jun 18, 2021
  2. IcyTruth Win User

Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd

Not sure if this was answered(cant find 1) but recently cloned windows 10 from HDD to SSD. My HDD was setup as GPT and the partition was setup with the OS as almost the full 1tb size. I had and currently have alot of used space that i dont wanna lose if
    it can be avoided. The whole cloning process was a pain having to move stuff to the ssd then partition the empty space on hdd the move stuff to the new partition until I had less than 200g with the OS still there so I can clone it onto ssd after cleaning
    it. Os works fine(windows loads sooo much faster) old hdd works fine but wanna get rid of the old os on hdd without deleting anything else? Sorry so long and sadly I merged the partitions back to 1.

IcyTruth, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD

To do so, follow the steps below:

Step 1.
    Clone OS to SSD

Step 2. Enter into BIOS and set the SSD as the first boot disk.

Step 3. Change the old drive to D:\ (you'd better do a disk backup of the old drive in adavance).

Hope my answer will give you a hand.

Paper Plane-4567, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Garrisonq Win User

Can i clone a hdd too ssd with keeping the old ssd data and i mean only move os to ssd or idk

Cloning HDD to SSD KEEPS FAILING

I have a Samsung SSD, so I am using the Samsung data migration application.

Garrisonq, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Can i clone a hdd too ssd with keeping the old ssd data and i mean only move os to ssd or idk - Similar Threads - clone hdd too

2. Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS: I am planning to purchase a new computer which comes with Win 11. My old computer has Win 10 and obviously I do not want to transfer the OS from that computer to the new one. Can I clone/transfer the non-OS files in a batch to the new computer without bringing Win 10 or do I...
  3. Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS: I am planning to purchase a new computer which comes with Win 11. My old computer has Win 10 and obviously I do not want to transfer the OS from that computer to the new one. Can I clone/transfer the non-OS files in a batch to the new computer without bringing Win 10 or do I...
  4. Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD: I'm needed of your help, I recently got an SSD to upgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with Windows 10 Home Single Lamguage, I cleaned and format the SSD and used Macrium to clone, but it showed me a window saying that I couldn't acces that folder, I changed the security and the...
  6. HDD won't clone. How can I move the data to a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HDD won't clone. How can I move the data to a new SSD?: I have a Windows 10 installation, with LOTS of apps and documents saved onto a 750GB hard drive in an Asus laptop. There is well over 400GB free on the drive, including an empty 280GB partition. I purchased a Seagate Barracuda 120 500GB SSD to transfer the system from the...
  7. HDD to SSD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  8. Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd: Not sure if this was answered(cant find 1) but recently cloned windows 10 from HDD to SSD. My HDD was setup as GPT and the partition was setup with the OS as almost the full 1tb size. I had and currently have alot of used space that i dont wanna lose if it can be avoided....
  9. Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD: Got a SSD and I only want to move the operating system to the SSD. So, question one is 1. How do I move only the OS to the SSD? I haven't done anything like this for a L O O O N G time. In fact, not since DOS. Back then there was a problem with what I'm trying to do...
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058