Windows 10: Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

Discus and support Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a computer right now. I put a new ssd in it. I cloned the stuff on my old hard drive into the ssd. If I later take out that ssd to a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OggeDogge Lito [:, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

I have a computer right now. I put a new ssd in it. I cloned the stuff on my old hard drive into the ssd. If I later take out that ssd to a new computer that I'm building right now. Can I keep the windows on both computers or do I have to reinstall it on the new computer with another license. If I need to reinstall it with a new license will that delete the other stuff on the ssd? Or will I keep all the stuff just with a new windows on it.I have retail version of windows 10 if that helps.Oskar

:)

OggeDogge Lito [:, Apr 20, 2023
  2. Sanhime Win User

Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Apr 20, 2023
  3. Migrating to a new Hard Drive?

Things get easier when you use disk clone. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Connect the new drive to your computer. Make sure that it can be detected by your PC.

2. Clone the old drive to the new drive. Many third party software can help you complete this task. If you know very little about them, you can turn to the full guide about

how to clone a hard drive

3. Change boot order in BIOS or replace the old hard drive to boot from the cloned drive.

Paper Plane-4567, Apr 20, 2023
  4. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

Swapping hard drives

Hey guys I have a PC that's running on Windows XP on hard drive 1. I have my other PC's system (running on Windows 7) cloned on hard drive 2. Can I just plug in the Windows 7 hard drive, boot from there, and back up the data on the XP hard drive? I'll have a new key for the cloned drive (since it's going into a different computer) and probably reformat the XP hard drive after I back everything up, but that'd be ok.

Just want to know if I can do this instead of backing up the XP drive on a portable HDD first, and then put in the windows 7 drive and run off of that.

ebolamonkey3, Apr 20, 2023
Thema:

Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

1. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer? - Similar Threads - clone another hard

2. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?: I have a computer right now. I put a new ssd in it. I cloned the stuff on my old hard drive into the ssd. If I later take out that ssd to a new computer that I'm building right now. Can I keep the windows on both computers or do I have to reinstall it on the new computer with...
  3. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?: I have a computer right now. I put a new ssd in it. I cloned the stuff on my old hard drive into the ssd. If I later take out that ssd to a new computer that I'm building right now. Can I keep the windows on both computers or do I have to reinstall it on the new computer with...
  4. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  5. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  6. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Putting Windows on a new Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Putting Windows on a new Hard Drive: I've recently bought a 1TB NVMe SSD that I'm planning on making my primary drive with Windows on and retiring my current OS drive which is a 120GB SATA SSD. The problem is the choices seem endless on what the best way to go about this is. There's things like the Creation...
  8. How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?: How can I clone my old laptop hard drive to a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-my-old-hard-drive-to-a-new-hard/cd9498d2-e379-40c0-aef4-42328b6c428a
  9. cloning to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning to a new hard drive: when cloning windows 10 drive to a new SSD, should the new hard drive be blank? so if not, then do you need to delete everything on it or reformat it first? i bought a new pc that has Windows 10 and I want to clone my old pc to the new one...... using macrium . thanks in...
  10. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...