Windows 10: Can I configure windows defender to never quarantine files

Discus and support Can I configure windows defender to never quarantine files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am using w10 1903 x64 - I was wondering if there is a way without setting up exclusions to configure Windows defender to never quarantine... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fester13579, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Can I configure windows defender to never quarantine files

Hello,

I am using w10 1903 x64 - I was wondering if there is a way without setting up exclusions to configure Windows defender to never quarantine any file and only block access and just prompt the user how to proceed?

I am all for active scanning but not automatic quarantine actions.

Also just wanted to share this nugget of info – if you want to see the list of files that have been quarantined via cli run:

Code:

Thanks.

:)

fester13579, Oct 2, 2019

2. Where are the files that windows defender quarantines?

Where are the files that Windows Defender quarantines? I turned on the computer and Defender said a file was dangerous. I clicked the option to Allow the file but it was quarantined anyway. In Defender I can see that it was quarantined and I clicked Restore
    but the file was not restored. So I clicked Allow but it still was not restored and now there is no option for restoring the file. In other words Restore and Allow options do not function which is why I am asking this question. Hide hidden files is disabled
    and I am searching with administrator privileges: There is only one folder in C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. And that folder is named en-US and there is nothing in there like a quarantined file. Sorry for posting this other information but this question
    has been asked repeatedly elsewhere but doesn't get answered because too many people for some reason suggest things like use the Restore option etc. I am not asking for that. I need this file badly. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me where
    Windows Defender stores files that it quarantines? Thank you.

Fred whoever, Oct 2, 2019
  3. How can I get my files restored from Windows Defender quarantine?

Hello my name is Yohandi.

It is a pleasure to have your participation in the Microsoft Community

To restore the items that are in the Windows quarantine, defend the steps shown below.

1- Open Windows Defender> Virus and threat protection

2- Go to Threat History tab.

3- In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.

4- Place to check on the file that you want to restore, this should enable Allow item.

5- Press Allow item, this should bring the file back to the original location.

To check where the files are located, kindly follow the steps listed below:

Open Windows Defender.

Go to History tab.

In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.

Click on view details.

In the description, it will show you the path where it is located.

I wish you an excellent day! Can I configure windows defender to never quarantine files ;)

I hope it works for you

YohandiCrespo, Oct 2, 2019
  4. RichJanis Win User

Can I configure windows defender to never quarantine files

windows defender quarantine

Where is Windows Defender quarantine location in Windows 10? How do I see which files have been quarantined? How do I un-quarantine a file? How do I tell Windows Defender to consider a file as safe?

RichJanis, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Can I configure windows defender to never quarantine files

1. Can I configure windows defender to never quarantine files - Similar Threads - configure defender never

2. Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  3. where is the quarantined defender files put?

where is the quarantined defender files put?: i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found. It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to...
  4. Definitely Safe and trusted file quarantined by Windows Defender

Definitely Safe and trusted file quarantined by Windows Defender: Hello! I have an HP laptop with an Intel Pentium Gold 4415U processor and 4 GB RAM. I got the default Windows 10 Home version that came with a laptop installed in it. I hate recently upgraded Windows to version 2004, and after that, I created a simple python coded game for...
  5. How can i be sure the threats quarantined in the Windows Defender are deleted?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i be sure the threats quarantined in the Windows Defender are deleted?: It claims quarantined threats will be removed automatically, so why doesn't it remove them right now? My only options are "restore" or "remove", i clicked "remove" and then in my protection history it says something like " threat was removed or restored". Wtf why doesn't it...
  6. How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?

How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?: I have an intrusive file that isn't a virus, but is very intrusive, says I have viruses to force me to buy a "Premium" membership for it. Every time I delete it, it downloads itself back on to the computer. Could anyone help me on this?...
  7. Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender

Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender: I am new to windows 10. I have windows defender. It shows threats were quarantined. I need to know where to go from there. When I click on threat quarantined it asks do you allow changes to this device. [Original Title: windows defender]...
  8. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  9. Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender: I accidently clicked on an dubious site looking for info I was told smartscreen wasn't working but the items had been stopped from entering folders . This was great , I ran the free version of Malwarebytes and it found 4 Items , they turned out to be PUPs and were put in...
  10. How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender: Like the first photo, sometimes Windows Defender shows which file it detected and quarantined. In this case, it's fine. [img] But, sometimes, it doesn't show what files it detected and quarantined, and shows only perhaps "quarantined" files, and I don't know what...