Windows 10: Can I connect computers between two routers?

Discus and support Can I connect computers between two routers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sorry in advance, I'm not a big networking guy. The best way to illustrate what I'm asking is to show it in this diagram: [ATTACH] I need to be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ahmd, Feb 9, 2020.

1. ahmd Win User

Can I connect computers between two routers?

Sorry in advance, I'm not a big networking guy. The best way to illustrate what I'm asking is to show it in this diagram:

Can I connect computers between two routers? CN8Sw89.png

I need to be able to establish file sharing on Windows from "Laptop" to "PC-1" and "PC-2". Laptop is running Windows 10 Pro, and both PCs have Windows 7 Pro.

Things I cannot do:

• Rewire this setup.

Things I can do:

• Change admin configuration on any router.

Any suggestions how to do this?

:)

ahmd, Feb 9, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 9, 2020
  3. ex_reven Win User
    Router Setup Question

Firstly, are you trying to connect to the router via a wireless adapter or are you directly hooked into the router? Some routers dont allow you to configure them remotely (using wireless, or configuring it from a computer not directly connected to it with cable).

Did you follow all the instructions step by step, correctly? Routers are very picky and sometimes need to be reset if you disconnect/connect modems, power and other connections from them in different orders.

If the above dont work, Reset the router by removing the power cable and waiting a few seconds and try again.

ex_reven, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I connect computers between two routers? - Similar Threads - connect computers between

2. Desktop synchronisation between two computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop synchronisation between two computers: i had a user with windows 7 pro desktop and had a widows 7 pro laptop we have to keep windows 7 until we have a new system end of the year . Laptop and desktop was in sync i.e. desktops and files basic word/excel documents Laptop has gone faulty setup a surface 3 laptop...
  3. Desktop synchronisation between two computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop synchronisation between two computers: i had a user with windows 7 pro desktop and had a widows 7 pro laptop we have to keep windows 7 until we have a new system end of the year . Laptop and desktop was in sync i.e. desktops and files basic word/excel documents Laptop has gone faulty setup a surface 3 laptop...
  4. Can I swtich two windows between the devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I swtich two windows between the devices?: I have two laptops. One with windows home CoreSingleLanguage edition and second with windows pro. Can I move windows pro to other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-swtich-two-windows-between-the-devices/5580e2e7-a91c-4cc9-ae46-2604a53d62a5
  5. Switch between two Ethernet connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switch between two Ethernet connections: Hello,I have two ethernet connections, one is set with manual IP, the other one is set with Automatic IP DHCP. However, when I switch from manual to automatic to manual again, I lose the information related to the manual IP. How can I keep the two connections without...
  6. LAN Networking between two computers

LAN Networking between two computers: My network between my two computers connected via a Gigabit switch does not work, I have to uninstall my ethernet connection and restart my computer to get it working and the networking falls out again when I restart the computer. Can anyone help, it's driving me crazy....
  7. How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers: Hello there, Currently I have two notebooks with two Retail digital licenses linked to my personal account: 1) Windows 10 Pro - on my old laptop, previously updated from the Windows 7 Pro (Product key still available, but I'm not sure is it can be used after upgrading to...
  8. Bluetooth not connecting between two computers.

Bluetooth not connecting between two computers.: I have a desktop and a laptop. Desktop connected to cable (ISP) and laptop to a router. I am attempting to use Windows 10 nearby sharing function. I see both pc's on my network. Nearby sharing turned on, both devices. Bluetooth turned on, both devices. I selected a file...
  9. Swapping Disks Between Two Computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapping Disks Between Two Computers: For various weird reasons I have the need to swap the hard drives (SSD) between two similar Thinkpads. They are architecturally similar so I'm reasonably sure that after a few routine automatic driver updates both will run fine. Of course, at that point both will...
  10. Computer sees the router but there is no connection

Computer sees the router but there is no connection: Computer sees the router but there is no connection - ran diagnostic ... Troubleshooting says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this computer' This is a new computer, first set up. I am . I have a satellite modem connected to a router. This setup has always...