Can I connect GPU to this PSU?

Discus and support Can I connect GPU to this PSU? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, so I am buying a new GPU to upgrade my system. Since the new GPU is more power demanding than the previous one, it requires a 6-pin connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aggserp4, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Aggserp4 Win User

Hello,
    so I am buying a new GPU to upgrade my system. Since the new GPU is more power demanding than the previous one, it requires a 6-pin connection from the PSU in addition to the power provided by the PCI-E slot. I just checked and my PSU only seems to have a couple of 4-pin connectors (I will attach a few images so you can see what I'm talking about). Will I be able to connect the GPU in some way? Perhaps with an adaptor? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

:)

Aggserp4, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Kyhi Win User

PSU/GPU Power Problem

so it is safe to say it is not the PSU or GPU as the cause of the issue..

You stated the issue is when the GPU is plugged into your case..

Since the PSU plugs into the GPU (and both appear to be testing good) the only other common connection is the MOBO or card slot

3. freaksavior Win User
    What PSU should i get?

I find NO specs on the psu you listed, not the one ktr listed, ktr also suggested i get the mushkin psu!

freaksavior, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Durion Win User

PSU/GPU Power Problem

Tested GPUs on friend's PC and they worked fine. Switched out my gpu with another 500w tried different PSU/GPU combos but none worked.

Durion, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I connect GPU to this PSU? - Similar Threads - connect GPU PSU

2. Startup connectivity to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup connectivity to router: On startup my PC will not automatically connect to my router. After windows is up I can connect it manually with no problem. I am using a Dell Laptop Inspiron 3521 and the drivers are up to date....
  3. connecting to March Of Empires

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting to March Of Empires: for last 48 hours when ive tried to play March Of Empires it says online connection service failed.Ive been old to contact customer care but don't know how or wether they will be open...
  4. Does anyone know how to direct connect a DROBO 5N storage device to a surface 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone know how to direct connect a DROBO 5N storage device to a surface 4: I'm trying to get my surface 4 to recognize my drobo and it doesn't list it. Any help or tips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/does-anyone-know-how-to-direct-connect-a-drobo-5n/fdba693e-02a3-493a-8765-1cb9a122374f
  5. VPN Checker keeps showing up saying cant connect Error code 10060

VPN Checker keeps showing up saying cant connect Error code 10060: error code 10060 - VPN checker. I cant get it to stop interrupting my work on this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/vpn-checker-keeps-showing-up-saying-cant-connect/40ee8c47-4b7b-4749-a711-b16b3febf3b7
  6. PC restarts when I try to connect to the internet

PC restarts when I try to connect to the internet: Hello, whenever I try to connect my desktop to my router it just restarts, no error message at all, my pc is wireless, can't try wired at the moment because I don't have a cable long enough....
  7. Work network changes personal computer security settings through VPN connection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Work network changes personal computer security settings through VPN connection?: I am running Win10 on my personal Lenovo notebook, and have since the free upgrade from Win8.1. When I want to work from home, I connect to my company's network via a Forticlient VPN connection to access shared network folders, and programs on the office Terminal Server if...
  8. Couldn’t connect to internet

Couldn’t connect to internet: Hi , all of a sudden my laptop internet connect got dissconnected and i coludnot even troubleshoot because it says no internet connection. When i tried some from interent it says 0x6ba error. I tried to solve but its so irritating.plz help me fix this issue....
  9. Connecting Windows Mail to supanet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting Windows Mail to supanet: Hi I have just got a computer that has updated to new version Windows 10 I cannot connect to Supanet on Windows Mail Not sure of how to port settings in or even if you have to I enter as follows To fill it in it is as follows E Mail address my email address User...
  10. 1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display: Do not go around the block: - Microsoft Community Side effects include not being able to wake from sleep. Go Back to 1709 under Settings > Update & security > Recovery