Windows 10: Can I connect GPU to this PSU?

Discus and support Can I connect GPU to this PSU? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, so I am buying a new GPU to upgrade my system. Since the new GPU is more power demanding than the previous one, it requires a 6-pin connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aggserp4, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Aggserp4 Win User

Can I connect GPU to this PSU?

Hello,
    so I am buying a new GPU to upgrade my system. Since the new GPU is more power demanding than the previous one, it requires a 6-pin connection from the PSU in addition to the power provided by the PCI-E slot. I just checked and my PSU only seems to have a couple of 4-pin connectors (I will attach a few images so you can see what I'm talking about). Will I be able to connect the GPU in some way? Perhaps with an adaptor? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

:)

Aggserp4, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Kyhi Win User

PSU/GPU Power Problem

so it is safe to say it is not the PSU or GPU as the cause of the issue..

You stated the issue is when the GPU is plugged into your case..

Since the PSU plugs into the GPU (and both appear to be testing good) the only other common connection is the MOBO or card slot

3. What PSU should i get?

I find NO specs on the psu you listed, not the one ktr listed, ktr also suggested i get the mushkin psu!

freaksavior, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Durion Win User

PSU/GPU Power Problem

Tested GPUs on friend's PC and they worked fine. Switched out my gpu with another 500w tried different PSU/GPU combos but none worked.

Durion, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I connect GPU to this PSU? - Similar Threads - connect GPU PSU

2. Computer issue, psu, gpu ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer issue, psu, gpu ??: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArWaN6TlYgR8hxNqUyBtTkGby5zW?e=t5p0yI these are the dump files leading to the crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-issue-psu-gpu/4b037f23-c365-4bcf-a42a-e759c0931130
  3. Computer issue, psu, gpu ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer issue, psu, gpu ??: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArWaN6TlYgR8hxNqUyBtTkGby5zW?e=t5p0yI these are the dump files leading to the crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-issue-psu-gpu/4b037f23-c365-4bcf-a42a-e759c0931130
  4. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?: Recently I had some weird problems with my computer, I started it up one day to see text disappear and come back. Not a big amount of letters but for example: RT_ 207_ SUP_R when it suppose to say RTX 2070 SUPER.If I drag my mouse over it, some letters come back but others...
  5. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?: Recently I had some weird problems with my computer, I started it up one day to see text disappear and come back. Not a big amount of letters but for example: RT_ 207_ SUP_R when it suppose to say RTX 2070 SUPER.If I drag my mouse over it, some letters come back but others...
  6. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU: Hey guys, I just got a 3070 (msi ventus 3x OC) and a 650watt psu to power it, and replaced my old 5500xt and 500w psu. After I did that I started getting BSOD with a bunch of memory errors. I have a 16gb kit of DDR4-2400 (g.skill aegis) and a 16gb kit of DDR4-3200 (g.skill...
  8. psu cool master gx 750 psu gpu or cpu power cutting out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    psu cool master gx 750 psu gpu or cpu power cutting out: Hello i have a problem with my coolmaster gx 750 watt psu its gold rated windows runs fine but any sort of gaming and the psu powers of and resets the pc with complete power failure iv ordered a g2 super nova evga but want to know if this is still usesble it was working until...
  9. defective gpu or faulty psu?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    defective gpu or faulty psu?: I built a gaming pc last month and everything works except for playing games, everytime I try to play a game I get a red screen of death within the first 10-15 minutes. I have gotton support from the developers of the games and I have troubleshooted just about everything...
  10. PSU/GPU Power Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PSU/GPU Power Problem: I originally had an asus R7 250x that stopped working with my PC and it would not boot/display. Pressing the power button would yield no result. It worked fine for 3+ months before giving me this problem. I had a friend with a 500w PSU and he let me have it. I installed it...