Windows 10: can I connect my phone to Microsoft Your phone using a cable?

Discus and support can I connect my phone to Microsoft Your phone using a cable? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my computer does not have a bluetooth connection, so I would like to put it with a cable submitted by /u/LuisFontinelles [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LuisFontinelles, Mar 15, 2021.

1. can I connect my phone to Microsoft Your phone using a cable?

my computer does not have a bluetooth connection, so I would like to put it with a cable

submitted by /u/LuisFontinelles
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LuisFontinelles, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 15, 2021
  3. clayto Win User
    My Phone Explorer connecting advice

I will start with 3 and 6

"3.Connect the phone by USB and check it appears as a drive in File explorer & that you can browse it [you don't need MPE for this to work and any problems would probably mean the correct driver had not been installed]"

I presume you mean it should show up in the same way a Flash Drive does? It does not. But does it require OTG? I have OTG adapters to connect Flash Drives to the phone, but not an OTG cable for the PC, so I must get one. I used to connect via a cable to my Windows phone, but that did not support OTG. I often found it useful. If for some reason connecting phone and PC with a cable does not work I cannot use that method to connect with MPE.

"6. Do you get the same error whether it is a WiFi connection or USB connection? Or have you only tried USB so far?" As follows from 3, I have only connected with WiFi, not with USB.

I hope this makes sense to you! Despite what might be concluded from my response to 3. above, the PC did connect with the phone at the beginning, for about a day --- so it should be connecting now. Tomorrow I will try your other suggestions.

clayto, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Tabvla Win User

can I connect my phone to Microsoft Your phone using a cable?

Cannot see phone files on computer

SOLVED. It was a well-hidden setting to change the USB type.

I have a new phone running Android Oreo. I have taken a few test photos and a couple of test videos. Some have been saved to the phone's internal storage and some to an SD Card.

I have connected the phone to a W10 computer using the USB cable supplied with the phone. Windows identifies the phone correctly and automatically installs the driver and the phone is then correctly listed in Explorer. If I click on the phone in Explorer, Windows displays a message "No files on this device" and consequently the file section of the Explorer window is empty. The phone displays that it is being charged from the USB port. Therefore it would seem that both Windows and the phone are reporting that the USB connection is working as expected.

My previous phone was a Windows phone and as expected the phone worked seamlessly with Windows computers. I am still finding my way around Android so I may have missed something obvious. The instruction in the phone User Guide is simply to "......connect the phone to the Windows computer using the supplied USB cable and after installing the drivers the files and folders on your phone will be accessible.....".

Well that does not seem to be quite correct....*Sad

Thanks for any suggestions.

T.

Tabvla, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

can I connect my phone to Microsoft Your phone using a cable?

1. can I connect my phone to Microsoft Your phone using a cable? - Similar Threads - connect phone Microsoft

2. How can I connect my microphone so I can use the Phone link for a natural phone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I connect my microphone so I can use the Phone link for a natural phone...: How can I connect my microphone so I can use the Phone link for a natural phone conversation? I can hear the person at the other end of the call but they cannot hear me....
  3. I can't connect my phone with Your Phone app

I can't connect my phone with Your Phone app: Hello! I want to connect my phone to my PC again. This time it is not working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-phone-with-your-phone-app/11617fb9-cc6c-489e-ae76-4b0b36133b47
  4. Issues connecting phone and PC using Your Phone app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues connecting phone and PC using Your Phone app.: I'm using a Surface Pro 7 with Samsung Note 10+. The connection worked fine when I first got my PC. At some point I got a message saying to make sur my PC and phone were connected to the same WIFI connection, which they are. The only thing that fixed it is a factory reset of...
  5. Your Phone can't see my Bluetooth (connected Phone)

Your Phone can't see my Bluetooth (connected Phone): [img] Hi All, The attached screenshot says it all. I have a Huawei Mate 10 android phone bluetooth connected to my Windows 10 machine. The "Your Phone" app has connected to the phone but claims that my PC has no bluetooth. I have dragged my bluetooth devices window...
  6. I can't connect my phone with your phone app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't connect my phone with your phone app: I am not able to connect with your phone app give me some solution to connect with your phone companion app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-phone-with-your-phone-app/87061088-baab-4ba9-a075-ae45caca3bbe
  7. I can't connect to my phone in YOUR PHONE app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't connect to my phone in YOUR PHONE app: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sumankr60 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5hlmq/i_cant_connect_to_my_phone_in_your_phone_app/
  8. can i use the microsoft app Your Phone to move files from my phone to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i use the microsoft app Your Phone to move files from my phone to my computer: can i use the microsoft app Your Phone to move files from my phone to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-the-microsoft-app-your-phone-to-move/90d28b9f-1167-424b-b079-cfaa01a6ae0b
  9. Can I use "Your Phone" with a broadband PC?

Can I use "Your Phone" with a broadband PC?: It looks like you have to use wifi on the pc you're trying to connect to your phone via the "Your Phone" app, is that right? I don't use wifi, I have cable internet. TIA, Cat...
  10. Your Phone not connect!

Your Phone not connect!: I can’t connect Android and your phone. On Android, it says “In the application, your phone on the computer, select the Send notification item.” Although 60% hangs on the computer and asks to install the application and enter it. And the same account checked several times. I...