Windows 10: Can I connect to a windows 10 pro system with multiple monitors as the remote desktop using...

Discus and support Can I connect to a windows 10 pro system with multiple monitors as the remote desktop using... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This isn't really for me but my parents who are both working from home, both have win10 home, and both can't seem to get multiple monitors working when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bibo193896423, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Can I connect to a windows 10 pro system with multiple monitors as the remote desktop using...

This isn't really for me but my parents who are both working from home, both have win10 home, and both can't seem to get multiple monitors working when they RDP into their machines at their workplaces.

Now, I have read conflicting things and I don't know which is correct. Some places have said that both the local AND remote machines must be at least Pro, but others have said that only the remote machine has to be.

I was thinking of getting my parents a copies Pro or new machines with Pro installed, but I don't want to if that won't fix it and it's actually a configuration issue.

Can anyone confirm whether they need Pro?

submitted by /u/Bibo193896423
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bibo193896423, Mar 28, 2020

2. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

Try this: Radmin: Reliable Remote Support Software for IT Pros . Use it more than three years. Fast, and most importantly safe program for remote computer management. Benefits - high speed, reliable security system.

Blasto Zero, Mar 28, 2020
  3. marchhare Win User
    Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

Just want to be sure but when you say you connect to multiple Win7 Pro machines with multiple monitors, can you display the multiple monitors on your Win 10 Pro setup? That is, if you were to connect to a Win 7 Pro machine with 2 monitors, will both monitors display on both of your Win 10 monitors?

The issue with Win 7 Pro in the past has been that you can connect to the system, but only use one monitor for display even though both systems (remote and local) have two monitors.

Thanks.

marchhare, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Can I connect to a windows 10 pro system with multiple monitors as the remote desktop using...

Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group Policy. It does not work with the Remote Desktop Connection so after hours of trying we tried the Microsoft
    Remote Desktop APP. It works in the App so we decided to switch EXCEPT we just found that the APP does not seem to support multiple monitors.

So more Microsoft frustration. We have to decide which is more important, timezone or multiple monitors.

Has anyone been able to get multiple monitors to work with the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP?

Steven Sterling, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Can I connect to a windows 10 pro system with multiple monitors as the remote desktop using...

1. Can I connect to a windows 10 pro system with multiple monitors as the remote desktop using... - Similar Threads - connect pro system

2. Remote Desktop - Allow Better Use of Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop - Allow Better Use of Multiple Monitors: I would like the ability to better use my multiple monitor system I have three. I know there is an option for "use all monitors" but that doesn't always fit how I want to use things. Often, I want to use my laptop without Remote Desktop, and my two large monitors as my...
  3. monitor user Remote Desktop Connections on Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    monitor user Remote Desktop Connections on Windows 10 Pro: Looking for a way to monitor user Remote Desktop Connections on Windows 10 Pro. Is there a way to accomplish this? We have several remote users logging into domain computers for work....
  4. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  5. How to use multiple monitors with the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app?

How to use multiple monitors with the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app?: This question is not about the ubiquitous RDP client that has been on windows for many years, this question is regarding the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app, which must have been packaged in an update at some point. The app I'm speaking about can be found on the windows...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: Remote desktop in windows 10 pro not connecting to android phone. Always it shows the error code 0x104 in the phone. I am trying this after installing Microsoft remote assistance....
  7. Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors: Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group Policy. It does not work with the Remote Desktop Connection so after hours of trying we tried the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP....
  8. Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop

Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop: Hello, Going to be straightforward in hopes that I can get this solved. I very much need two monitors running the same RDP session to do my job. This is a company laptop and company remote desktop. 1. Host laptop is Windows 10 Enterprise. 2. Remote desktop is Windows 7...
  9. Remote desktop connection in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop connection in Windows 10 Pro: How do I save multiple credentials to the same remote server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/remote-desktop-connection-in-windows-10-pro/aed95742-aebb-42e4-85b0-c3608a45548a
  10. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10: In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that. What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect...