Windows 10: Can I connect two monitors each monitor to a different graphics cards?

Discus and support Can I connect two monitors each monitor to a different graphics cards? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have 2 vga monitors and I got one connected to vga to hdmi adapter into my gt 1030 graphics card and i want to connect my another vga monitor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zakaria Moraly, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Can I connect two monitors each monitor to a different graphics cards?

So I have 2 vga monitors and I got one connected to vga to hdmi adapter into my gt 1030 graphics card and i want to connect my another vga monitor to my computer intel graphics but the other monitor won't work or show anything.

So is it possible to connect another monitor to another graphics card?

:)

Zakaria Moraly, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

usb monitors using graphics card

Hi isaac177,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the model number of AOC display monitor?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to setup the display using HDMI?

You can try to use an adaptor (USB/HDMI or VGA as the card has 3 slots) to connect to monitor. I would also suggest you to get in touch with Nvidia to know more about this as there can be output issues while using adaptors and your Graphic card (GTX
    1660 Ti) might not work as expected.

I suggest you to refer this
    NVidia
    support link, and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Feb 24, 2021
  3. using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Can I connect two monitors each monitor to a different graphics cards?

Windows 10: Monitor has no signal

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How many graphics card are installed?
    • How is the second monitor connected to the computer, with VGA,DVI or HDMI?

You may check the Graphics card present in the computer by these steps:

• Press Win+X on the keyboard and select Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters and check how many graphic cards are shown.

If you have the option to choose multiple monitors provided by the graphic card manufacturer, try it and check

Ravinath P, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Can I connect two monitors each monitor to a different graphics cards?

1. Can I connect two monitors each monitor to a different graphics cards? - Similar Threads - connect monitors each

2. How to use a different graphics card for my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a different graphics card for my monitor: I have two graphics cards a 0.5 gb igpu for small tasks that my monitor uses and a 4gb amd radeon 6500m for gaming how do i make my monitor use the 4gb one for small tasks also....
  3. How to use a different graphics card for my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use a different graphics card for my monitor: I have two graphics cards a 0.5 gb igpu for small tasks that my monitor uses and a 4gb amd radeon 6500m for gaming how do i make my monitor use the 4gb one for small tasks also....
  4. Two different background pictures, one for each monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two different background pictures, one for each monitor: I woke up this morning and i realised I'm not able to set up two different background images, as I said in the title. The "Set for monitor 1" and "Set for monitor 2" buttons just dissapeared and now it only shows "Set as background image" as a whole, both monitors now must...
  5. How can I have a different mouse on each monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I have a different mouse on each monitor?: I am using a 4k cheap Acer monitor for productivity only its only 60hz, not very bright and bad color accuracy, and good samsung 1440p monitor for my main usage. The annoyance I am having, is that when I switch my mouse over to my 4k monitor, it is too small but the mouse...
  6. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  7. Use for two different Graphics cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use for two different Graphics cards?: I've sent my 2080ti out for repair so in the mean time I bought an RX580 to get me by. If or When the 2080 comes back is there any reason to keep the 580 installed? I'm running 2 32" TV's and a 55"4K UHD as my main display. 1360x768 - 3840x2160 - 1360x768 Could I run the...
  8. Different Backgrounds on each monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Backgrounds on each monitor: I am trying to set a different wallpaper on each monitor. However, when I right click the image to set the monitor seeing "Set for monitor 2" twice. I have two of the same model number monitors. They are ONN Monitors. Does anyone know why I am not seeing a "Set for monitor...
  9. Graphic card or monitor problem?

Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...
  10. Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors?

Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors?: I'm replacing my motherboard from an i5 Intel to an AMD Ryzen system. New CPU, RAM & GPU. Currently, I use two monitors; a Dell 27" 1920x1200px & NEC 24" 1920x1080 on one GPU card, an nVidia GTX 560 Ti. The new MB has on board graphics but I need the Dual-RX580 for video &...