Windows 10: Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10

Discus and support Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I remove my USB keyboard and replace it with a PS2 keyboard --via the PS2 input on the back of my computer-- would my computer recognize that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pete954, May 21, 2024.

1. pete954 Win User

Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10

If I remove my USB keyboard and replace it with a PS2 keyboard --via the PS2 input on the back of my computer-- would my computer recognize that change?I have an HP Compaq 6300 Desktop computer Intel Core i5 and 16 GB Memory with Windows 10.

:)

pete954, May 21, 2024
  2. JaG45NM Win User

PS2 keyboard w/USB adapter not functioning on new laptop w/Windows 10

Original Title: PS2 keyboard and Windows 10

PS2 keyboard w/USB adapter not functioning on new laptop w/Windows 10

JaG45NM, May 21, 2024
  3. Multimedia keyboard 1.0a PS2 to USB adaptor

Any ideas where I can obtain a PS2 to USB male adaptor?

we bought a new PC but no PS2 keyboard plug-in.

HappyAlien, May 21, 2024
  4. Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10

USB Keyboard Problems

i've had this problem before. its with the mobo/bios not detecting the fact that its a usb keyboard instead of a ps2 keyboard.

2 solutions
    1. optimal solution is that you have a usb AND ps2 port on the keyboard, on a splitter thing. plug in the ps2 port too. or if you have an old usb to ps2 adapter laying around...
    2. go into bios and enable the setting for usb keybd. obviously, this doesn't work so hot if the usb keyboard is the only one you have...heh.

randomperson21, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10

1. Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - convert USB keyboard

2. Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10: If I remove my USB keyboard and replace it with a PS2 keyboard --via the PS2 input on the back of my computer-- would my computer recognize that change?I have an HP Compaq 6300 Desktop computer Intel Core i5 and 16 GB Memory with Windows 10....
  3. Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I convert from USB keyboard to PS2 keyboard with Windows 10: If I remove my USB keyboard and replace it with a PS2 keyboard --via the PS2 input on the back of my computer-- would my computer recognize that change?I have an HP Compaq 6300 Desktop computer Intel Core i5 and 16 GB Memory with Windows 10....
  4. why can I not connect ps2 keyboard via USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can I not connect ps2 keyboard via USB?: can not connect ps2 keyboard via USB. system will not recognize the keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-connect-ps2-keyboard-via-usb/fbee1299-fa70-4deb-953a-2f12ddee72c3
  5. why can I not connect ps2 keyboard via USB?

why can I not connect ps2 keyboard via USB?: can not connect ps2 keyboard via USB. system will not recognize the keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-connect-ps2-keyboard-via-usb/fbee1299-fa70-4deb-953a-2f12ddee72c3
  6. why can I not connect ps2 keyboard via USB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PS2 Keyboard is not working

PS2 Keyboard is not working: PS2 keyboard was working but suddenly it stopped working please help what to do to start it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps2-keyboard-is-not-working/1d736720-cb55-4415-8d64-83a8e01aa771
  8. PS2 Keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    PS2 Keyboard is not working: PS2 keyboard was working but suddenly it stopped working please help what to do to start it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps2-keyboard-is-not-working/1d736720-cb55-4415-8d64-83a8e01aa771
  9. Linking PS2 Keyboards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Linking PS2 Keyboards: I have two computers and would like to use the same PS2 Keyboard with USB connector on both without having to plug and unplug connectors. Is this possible? I have tried to find a USB splitter but cannot find one with two males that handle data. Am I being unrealistic? Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem: Hi i recently installed windows 10 on another computer. One ps2 keyboard works on it but using another keyboard does not. Both keyboards I know are working fine, I have tried uninstall drivers in device manager and still no joy. The problem is the keyboard I used to install...