Windows 10: Can I copy the window 10 image/iso from usb and store it somewhere ele for future uses.

Discus and support Can I copy the window 10 image/iso from usb and store it somewhere ele for future uses. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically, I fucked up my pc and proceed to reset my pc myself. I went to another laptop of my house and burn a window 10 iso into my usb from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fongkelyj, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Can I copy the window 10 image/iso from usb and store it somewhere ele for future uses.

Basically, I fucked up my pc and proceed to reset my pc myself.

I went to another laptop of my house and burn a window 10 iso into my usb from the media creation tool that microsoft provide

and proceed to install the window 10 into my current pc

Now I need to clear out the usb for other uses, that comes out a question

Since my house wifi has limit,I was wondering can I copy out everything from that USB and store somewhere else so that the next time I needed it,I can just copy and paste everything that file has into the usb and install Window 10 from that without the need to download the iso again from media creation tool again?

submitted by /u/Fongkelyj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fongkelyj, Jan 24, 2021

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 24, 2021
  4. thFoust Win User

Can I copy the window 10 image/iso from usb and store it somewhere ele for future uses.

Make bootable Windows 10 .iso on usb using Macbook Air El Capitan

Make bootable Windows 10 .iso on usb using Macbook Air El Capitan

thFoust, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Can I copy the window 10 image/iso from usb and store it somewhere ele for future uses.

1. Can I copy the window 10 image/iso from usb and store it somewhere ele for future uses. - Similar Threads - copy window image

2. Is there somewhere that contains a detailed description of the current ISO used in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there somewhere that contains a detailed description of the current ISO used in...: In November, I created a bootable USB flash drive. Today, in February, I created it again and saw that some info was different. Using the command in cmd DISM /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:"E:\sources\install.esd", I saw that the editions of Windows 10 Home, Home SL, Education and Pro...
  3. Is there somewhere that contains a detailed description of the current ISO used in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there somewhere that contains a detailed description of the current ISO used in...: In November, I created a bootable USB flash drive. Today, in February, I created it again and saw that some info was different. Using the command in cmd DISM /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:"E:\sources\install.esd", I saw that the editions of Windows 10 Home, Home SL, Education and Pro...
  4. Is there somewhere that contains a detailed description of the current ISO used in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  6. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  7. Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?

Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?: Hello, can I simply copy a finished Windows 10 ISO file to a USB stick and then boot with it, or do I need software beforehand that makes the USB stick bootable with the ISO file? ISO-Imagedatei einfach aus USB-Stick kopieren?
  8. Copying ISO to USB fails!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying ISO to USB fails!: Help Redditors! I’m hoping you guys can help me figure out an issue I keep running into... I’m trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo U510 Ideapad via USB boot. I’m using a Mac to create the USB containing my Windows 10 ISO (I’ve actually tried two...
  9. Copy ISO to USB from Mac

Copy ISO to USB from Mac: My desktop's hard disk failed. I have bought a new one. I downloaded 64 bit windows 10 on my Mac. How to make bootable usb drive to install fresh version of windows 10?...
  10. Making Windows 10 iso for future use.

Making Windows 10 iso for future use.: Since buying my laptop in March 2014, must have re-installed Windows 5 times now. Most of this centered around upgrading to Windows 10. Most recent reinstallation wiped the drive out completely, then reinstalled everything from my restore USB stick, before re-upgrading to...