Windows 10: Can I create a custom language pack?

Discus and support Can I create a custom language pack? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My friends and I have a secret language and I was wondering if it's possible to create a custom language pack. Thanks! 29410 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SEC07, Nov 10, 2015.

1. SEC07 Win User

Can I create a custom language pack?

My friends and I have a secret language and I was wondering if it's possible to create a custom language pack.

Thanks!

:)

SEC07, Nov 10, 2015

2. How can I create a custom desktop theme?

Ahh, I have indeed found the option to select a folder of images for a background slideshow. However, I do not want a slideshow. I would like a
    solid, light color background and a darker color for menu items, task bar, etc. There seems to be a choice of solid background colors (most of them disgusting, some truly hideous) with no ability to "calibrate" that color or select something
    harmonious for the menu and taskbar and other such items. Sigh. I have been working on this for five months now and am getting weary. And why the devil do I need a "Windows Account" in order to ask about this?

Anciana Malhumorada, Nov 10, 2015
  3. CAEmerson Win User
    How can I create a custom desktop theme?

How does one go about making more specific changes--like increasing the border width? For example, when I change the extension of the *.theme file to *.ini I can open it as a text file.

Since *.msstyles is a Microsoft format, is there a tool (something in Visual Studio for example) that can edit these?

CAEmerson, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

I think it would be possible but just like a lot of Open Source 'freebie' programs offered there would first need to be the translation of the Operating System the language would be used with. Windows isn't exactly Open Source like the free versions of Linux [about 250] that the developers are always needing translators for, also a number of free/Open Source programs offered. But then I'm no programmer beyond batch files.

Berton, Nov 10, 2015
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    My understanding is that this is possible but it is far from simple. You would have a great deal to learn. Learn to be an expert at Internet searches. You will be doing a lot of it.

LMiller7, Nov 10, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    In theory there are some messages embedded in applications and DLL files. You have to translate these messages and replace them. You would also need to digitally sign most of the files. As you can imaging this is not simple. Use a Hex Editor to examine some files and get an idea.

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015
  7. kellyjane Win User
    Also curious about this issue, anyone tried it? In my view, it is a difficult job.

kellyjane, Nov 11, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

The easiest could be to devise a custom alphabet to replace all letters and numbers, then create a custom font with that symbols. Finally replace the system font with your custom font, so everything will be encrypted to others and readable only from you.

spapakons, Nov 11, 2015
  9. SEC07 Win User
    Thank you! Why didn't I think of that?

SEC07, Nov 13, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    We did use a custom alphabet when we were kids to write encrypted messages that girls couldn't read... Sometimes I have even used it in school for cheating. I caught the teacher would not understand this is cheat *Wink

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I create a custom language pack? - Similar Threads - create custom language

2. Custom Language Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Language Pack: Hello. How do I create a new keyboard with custom letters and such and then use it as a keyboard langauge? So for example, I want to use this:Not just as a font for like Word or notepad or whatever but as an actual language pack where I can type anywhere like on a chatting...
  3. Custom Language Pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Language Pack: Hello. How do I create a new keyboard with custom letters and such and then use it as a keyboard langauge? So for example, I want to use this:Not just as a font for like Word or notepad or whatever but as an actual language pack where I can type anywhere like on a chatting...
  4. Custom Language Pack

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Language Packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Packs: Unable to install German on win 11. Two different computers one laptop and one desktop Intel I5 and Intel I7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-packs/4b07fcc2-9ed7-43c2-98ef-2533392b4cf0
  6. language pack

language pack: I have windows 10. May I install a language pack on my surface pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-pack/945ee503-78f7-4163-974e-c7e10998bd74
  7. Language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language pack: I have the Polish language pack installed and set Polish as default proofreading language, but each time I want to wrote an e-mail I receive the message that text in Polish is not checked and that I can install the language pack. The proofreading tools work fine on all office...
  8. Is it possible to create a language pack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to create a language pack?: I know it sounds stupid, but I would like to write in Minecraft Enchanting Table (Standard Galactic Alphabet) or even my custom language, but without using a custom font (like with Japanese, Arabic, Greek or Chinese). Is it possible? submitted by /u/ThatOneAlphaPigeon...
  9. Language packs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language packs.: So few days ago my pc started automatic repair loop and i tried a lot of things but it didn't work so i took it to the shop and they fixed it and installed windows but problem is that as i speak croatian they put croatian pack but i want english pack and i just want croatian...
  10. Language packs.

Language packs.: Hello, so as I had problems with my pc i posted question on answers.microsoft and i got help but nothing worked so i took it to the shop. They fixed it but now I have question. As Croatian is language that I speak I more like that things on my devices phone,pc,etc. are on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. custom language pack for windows