Windows 10: Can I create a new name folder?

Discus and support Can I create a new name folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since my name folder got overwritten by documents folder is there away to make a new name (Lewis) folder in C:/Users??? My documents folder basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LewisHanson1, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Can I create a new name folder?

Since my name folder got overwritten by documents folder is there away to make a new name (Lewis) folder in C:/Users??? My documents folder basically merged with my Lewis folder and put my saves in there aswell. When I try and make a new folder it just disappears even when asking for permission.

:)

LewisHanson1, Aug 5, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Can I create a new name folder?

I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Can I create a new name folder?

1. Can I create a new name folder? - Similar Threads - create name folder

2. How can I create a display name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create a display name?: I want log in to my computer with my Gmail address and at the end of the process it will show that "use this name to send message" and I'm stocked there. What's the problem please?...
  3. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  4. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  5. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Creating new folders

Creating new folders: I have window 10. Recently, I went and directly added a compressed folder. After doing this, Windows will not give me the option to create a regular, non-compressed folder. Any thoughts?...
  7. creating new folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    creating new folders: Recently, my desktop rightclick window wont allow me to create a NEW folder. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-new-folders/c1577df3-dc44-4a50-8ffe-6017ebd6317e
  8. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  9. can not create a new folder

can not create a new folder: can not create a new folder, just freezes then screen flickers and comes back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-create-a-new-folder/c750b829-38dd-4e77-a2e4-5b8a28c01787"
  10. create new folder

create new folder: I cant create a new folder in windows 10 in my pictures. how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-folder/cbc88120-c637-451f-9adf-def7e54748fa"