Windows 10: can I create a new restore backup since I have updated drivers and software

Discus and support can I create a new restore backup since I have updated drivers and software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I create a new backup recovery disk since I have updated my drivers and software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HughLease, Oct 24, 2018.

1. HughLease Win User

can I create a new restore backup since I have updated drivers and software

Can I create a new backup recovery disk since I have updated my drivers and software

:)

HughLease, Oct 24, 2018

2. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Having trouble restoring from a windows 10 backup to a new computer

Hi Tim,

You can restore files from a backup from another computer by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Control Panel >
      System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore.
    • Choose Select another backup to restore files from, and then follow the steps in the wizard. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

This files will be restored in a folder having the "Username" of the one who created the file. To find the restored files:

• Select the Start button, then select Computer.
    • Double-click the icon of the drive that the files are saved on, for example
      C:\.
    • Double-click the Users folder. You will see a folder for each user account.
    • Double-click the folder for the user name that was used to create the backup. The restored files will be in the various folders based on where they were located originally.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Oct 25, 2018
  4. SIW2 Win User

Software to backup windows

I suggest Aomei Backupper. It is very simple to use. The free ( standard version) will be fine.

Under the backup Tab, click System backup, then at Step 2 , browse to the location you want to save the backup image. Then click "Start Backup"

can I create a new restore backup since I have updated drivers and software [​IMG]

Download it from here:

Best Windows Backup and Restore Software | AOMEI Backupper

Thema:

1. can I create a new restore backup since I have updated drivers and software - Similar Threads - create restore backup

2. how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in: i want to merge 2 disks that i have first is the disk D: second is disk C: i have windows installed in disk C and 12.5gb space free in it while i have 400gb space free in disk D:...
  3. how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in: i want to merge 2 disks that i have first is the disk D: second is disk C: i have windows installed in disk C and 12.5gb space free in it while i have 400gb space free in disk D:...
  4. how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can i use Windows Backup to restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can i use Windows Backup to restore: My laptop USB-C is not working and still under warranty. Probably the board will get replaced with the same one. Can i use Windows Backup to restore it if the board in fact is replaced or does the image backup is tied to the original board? 174235
  6. Is there a backup software that can restore installed files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a backup software that can restore installed files?: I'm looking for something similar to time machine on mac that backs everything up and restores everything to a new computer in the exact location as the last one. I performed a back up on windows 10 but it really only backed up my files and I still had to manually reinstall...
  7. Can I create backup of my installed software with data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I create backup of my installed software with data?: I want to reinstall my windows 10. But I want to create a backup of some installed software with data. So, I don't need to implement this after a fresh install of windows. Don't suggest me to take backup with windows recovery img, It takes full backup with windows. I need to...
  8. Can I delete the folder C:\backup and then create a new restore point?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the folder C:\backup and then create a new restore point?: The folder C:\backup has grown way too big for just the restore point 232GB!!!. I tried disk cleanup>more options>delete-all-but-recent, didn't work. Can I delete the entire folder and create a new restore point? Dan...
  9. Creating a new differential backup after a restore

Creating a new differential backup after a restore: Can I create new differential backup after restoring an existing one? Let’s take the following backup set as an example: 00 – Full Backup 01 – First Differential 02 – Second Differential 03 - Third Differential If I restored to the second differential backup, could I...
  10. Possible to backup software and restore?

Possible to backup software and restore?: Okay, so, it looks like I'm going to have to refresh or reset Windows 10 at this point (I'm having an issue with it but I have tried all possible solutions). Is it possible to backup the program files, and/or registry settings for those programs and then restore afterwards?...