Windows 10: Can I create a recovery drive on my other computer that has windows 10 to use on a new...

Discus and support Can I create a recovery drive on my other computer that has windows 10 to use on a new... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently bought a friends computer and installed a new hard drive that doesn't have Microsoft 10. I assumed I could create a recovery drive on my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomas scho, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Can I create a recovery drive on my other computer that has windows 10 to use on a new...

I recently bought a friends computer and installed a new hard drive that doesn't have Microsoft 10. I assumed I could create a recovery drive on my old computer and just plug the flash drive into my new one. It was working pretty well until it finished downloading the recovery drive and then it would say "error no changes were made". Im not really sure what to do at this point and need some assistance.

:)

thomas scho, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Can I create a recovery drive on my other computer that has windows 10 to use on a new...

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Can I create a recovery drive on my other computer that has windows 10 to use on a new...

1. Can I create a recovery drive on my other computer that has windows 10 to use on a new... - Similar Threads - create recovery drive

2. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  3. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  4. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I create recovery drive on a hard drive

Can I create recovery drive on a hard drive: My primary drive on my desktop is an SSD, and I have an internal hard drive to backup my personal data. I also have an external hard drive. Two questions:First, can I create a recovery drive on either hard drive and not on a USB drive?Second, can I update the recovery drive...
  6. Can i use create a recovery drive using only a partition of a USB drive?

Can i use create a recovery drive using only a partition of a USB drive?: I created a recovery drive using the Windows 10 Settings function. I have a USB hard drive with three partitions on. I selected one of the partitions but once the recovery drive process had finished, it had wiped the other partitions on the drive Should i just buy a 30GB...
  7. If I am going to create a new recovery drive using recovery media creator, is it safe to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I am going to create a new recovery drive using recovery media creator, is it safe to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/admnsckgywebcuntdali [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f034ix/if_i_am_going_to_create_a_new_recovery_drive/
  8. Windows 10 has created a Windows 8 recovery drive

Windows 10 has created a Windows 8 recovery drive: My Windows 10 laptop has created a Windows 8 recovery drive on a USB stick! How can this happen? My laptop was originally Windows 8, I used the free upgrade to 10 several years ago. I created a new recovery drive recently so I could replace my old HDD with an SSD. I booted...
  9. Creating Recovery Drive has stalled

Creating Recovery Drive has stalled: I am trying to create a Windows Recovery Drive for my new laptop. The green bar is full and has been stuck like this for almost an hour. Is there anything I can do or just wait?...
  10. Can I use "Create a recovery drive" to install windows 10

Can I use "Create a recovery drive" to install windows 10: Hi So my sister's Windows 8.1 laptop's hard drive is broken... with her OS on it. I'm getting her a new hard drive (internal) which I will fit, but it seems pointless to buy windows all over again when she still owns it. I was thinking I could create a recovery drive from...