Windows 10: Can I create GPO template for a non domain setup?

Discus and support Can I create GPO template for a non domain setup? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have some Window 10 computers on a non domain setup I'd like to apply a custom GPO to. Is this possible? I tried some googling but keep finding stuff... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Retsquid, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Retsquid Win User

Can I create GPO template for a non domain setup?

I have some Window 10 computers on a non domain setup I'd like to apply a custom GPO to. Is this possible? I tried some googling but keep finding stuff FOR domains.

:)

Retsquid, Jun 24, 2018
  2. Cja123 Win User

Server 2003 GPO questions

I solved my problem!
    My first issue was the installation files that weren't running. I fixed this by enabling windows installer through the "allow select windows applications to run" option in the GPO. My second issue was turning off the GPO on the fly. Unfortunately, there is no option within the GPO editor that allows for this. However, I did create a .bat file which I can run that will insert specific registry key values that will render the GPO ineffective. I also created a "re-enable GPO" .bat file that I run after I am through making the changes, this will bring the GPO back up.
    Thanks so much for your help Batou1986! *Toast :toast:

Cja123, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 GPO in a Windows 2008 R2 Domain

I've created a "Windows 10 Lock Screen" GPO using the Windows 10 Templates on my local Windows 10 PC. I then attached the GPO to the Computer OU in my domain. However, we don't have any Windows 2012 AD servers in the domain and the domain level is currently
    a Windows 2008 R2 Domain. When I do a GPUPDATE /Force on my other Windows 10 PC, I'm not prompted to log off and when I run the command:

gpresult /Scope Computer /v

on my other PC, it shows that the "Windows 10 Lock Screen" GPO is applied:

*******************************************************************************

GPO: Set - Windows 10 Lock Screen

Folder Id: Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization\LockScreenImage

Value: 67, 0, 58, 0, 92, 0, 87, 0, 105, 0, 110, 0, 100, 0, 111, 0, 119, 0, 115, 0, 92, 0, 87, 0, 101, 0, 98, 0, 92, 0, 83, 0, 99, 0, 114, 0, 101, 0, 101, 0, 110, 0, 92, 0, 77, 0, 66, 0, 67, 0, 87, 0, 97, 0, 114, 0, 110, 0, 105, 0, 110,
    0, 103, 0, 46, 0, 106, 0, 112, 0, 103, 0, 0, 0

State: Enabled

*******************************************************************************

, yet when I open my local Group Policy Editor, the settings for the "Force a specific default lock screen image" and "Prevent changing lock screen image" are shown as not configured.

This is the Domain GPO Policy as shown on my Windows 10 PC.

Computer Configuration (Enabled)

Policies

Administrative Templates

Policy definitions (ADMX files) retrieved from the local computer.
    Control Panel/Personalization

Policy
    Setting
    Comment

Force a specific default lock screen image
    Enabled

Path to lock screen image:
    C:\Windows\Web\Screen\Warning.jpg

Turn off fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on lock screen
    Enabled

Policy
    Setting
    Comment

Prevent changing lock screen image
    Enabled

ChrisPremo, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Can I create GPO template for a non domain setup?

Win10 LTSB GPOs

Hi folks,

Since Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB only has a subset of features, there are Windows 10 GPOs that are not relevant for it.

Is there a separate list of Windows 10 LTSB GPOs?

I found the Windows 10 Group Policy templates (Windows 10 Group Policy (.ADMX) Templates now available for download), but I can't seem to find anything about the LTSB.

Warm regards,

Ken

Ken Weston, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Can I create GPO template for a non domain setup?

1. Can I create GPO template for a non domain setup? - Similar Threads - create GPO template

2. How can I create a GPO to set the scaling to 100?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create a GPO to set the scaling to 100?: Is there a way to create a GPO to set the scaling to 100? I already know how to do it via registry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-gpo-to-set-the-scaling-to-100/18245d03-6eb4-413e-b58a-f1cf832486f0
  3. How can I create a GPO to set the scaling to 100?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I create a GPO to set the scaling to 100?: Is there a way to create a GPO to set the scaling to 100? I already know how to do it via registry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-gpo-to-set-the-scaling-to-100/18245d03-6eb4-413e-b58a-f1cf832486f0
  4. Create a GPO that disables WiFi on all joined PC's in a domain controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a GPO that disables WiFi on all joined PC's in a domain controller: Hi all,I have been testing out how to block WiFi on all Laptops that joins a domain. But I am not successful yet. This is how I am trying to achieve this:Open up the Group Policy ManagementUnder there create a new GPO and call it BlockWiFi. Right click and edit the GPOAdd the...
  5. Create a GPO that disables WiFi on all joined PC's in a domain controller

Create a GPO that disables WiFi on all joined PC's in a domain controller: Hi all,I have been testing out how to block WiFi on all Laptops that joins a domain. But I am not successful yet. This is how I am trying to achieve this:Open up the Group Policy ManagementUnder there create a new GPO and call it BlockWiFi. Right click and edit the GPOAdd the...
  6. Domain GPO does not applied to domain computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain GPO does not applied to domain computers: Dear friendsDo you know the difference between below setting when we define GPO for domain computers?1. Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Event log Service\ => we can define event log behavior to override old logs.2. Computer Configuration...
  7. Domain GPO does not applied to domain computers

Domain GPO does not applied to domain computers: Dear friendsDo you know the difference between below setting when we define GPO for domain computers?1. Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Event log Service\ => we can define event log behavior to override old logs.2. Computer Configuration...
  8. Creating system environment variables for domain via GPO?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating system environment variables for domain via GPO?: Hello everyone,I've been having troubles creating a system environment variable for our domain and decided to post a question, maybe someone can shine a light if I'm missing something.In the policy, Computer Configuration -> Preferences -> Windows Settings I've created an...
  9. GPO Policy Lock from Administrators Non Domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GPO Policy Lock from Administrators Non Domain: I am looking to see if I can set GPO policies on Windows 10, and prevent a user with administrative rights from changing this. Also account are all local no domain....
  10. One profile for Domain and non-domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One profile for Domain and non-domain: I have a couple users that work on their laptops outside of the office but need to connect to the domain when here. When they connect it creates a new profile and they have to re-register their software licenses. They also lose access to all of their documents and such unless...