Windows 10: Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Discus and support Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I'm editing a lot of hard copy documents that were scanned to .PDF, and using Word to do the editing. In 'My Documents'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cbiweb, Aug 25, 2020.

1. cbiweb Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

[Windows 10 Home x64, v2004]

I'm editing a lot of hard copy documents that were scanned to .PDF, and using Word to do the editing.
    In 'My Documents' when I right-click the document, the Open with menu does not show Word in the initial list of suggested apps.
    I have to click Choose another app, then scroll down to click More apps, then click OK.
    Is there a way to make Word appear in the initial context menu, instead of having to do all that extra clicking?
    (Note: I do not want to choose Always use this app.)

:)

cbiweb, Aug 25, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu? - Similar Threads - customize list suggest

2. How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...
  3. How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...
  4. "Open with" - how to change the list of suggested apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open with" - how to change the list of suggested apps?: See image below. I DON'T want to change the default app for opening. Rather, I'd like a different app sublime text to appear in the list of 3 suggested apps for the option "Open with"....
  5. "Open with" - how to change the list of suggested apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open with" - how to change the list of suggested apps?: See image below. I DON'T want to change the default app for opening. Rather, I'd like a different app sublime text to appear in the list of 3 suggested apps for the option "Open with"....
  6. How to Add or customize "Open With" drop down menu list in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Add or customize "Open With" drop down menu list in Windows 10?: How to Add or customize "Open With" drop down menu list in Windows 10? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-or-customize-open-with-drop-down-menu/3e73664f-65cf-4a52-886a-6656c1b1b4dc
  7. Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I'm editing a lot of hard copy documents that were scanned to .PDF, and using Word to do the editing. In 'My Documents' when I right-click the document, the Open with menu does not show Word in the initial list of suggested apps. I have to click...
  8. Customize Start Menu App List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  9. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...
  10. Can not customize the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not customize the start menu: I'm having trouble with the start menu. I can't pin or resize or drag and drop icons even though I've tried a lot of ways. I've use sfc/scannow and it said it can see there're some problems but it can't fix those. I use Store apps frequently so this nearly drives me mad. Do...