Windows 10: Can I delete a certain Partition because of this error msg when attempting to reinstall Win...

Discus and support Can I delete a certain Partition because of this error msg when attempting to reinstall Win... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; CURRENTLY, my desktop disk display shows the following of what I have after returning to Win 7 Pro when I am forced to return back to 7 after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zyzzyva57, Apr 18, 2019.

1. zyzzyva57 Win User

Can I delete a certain Partition because of this error msg when attempting to reinstall Win...

CURRENTLY, my desktop disk display shows the following of what I have after returning to Win 7 Pro when I am forced to return back to 7 after attempting to reinstall Win 10 Pro:

Can I delete a certain Partition because of this error msg when attempting to reinstall Win... 0d2e22b5-b35b-4505-a0fd-bbba325a5f44?upload=true.jpg

On my much older HP laptop with 2 gigs of RAM, I have never had trouble with Win 10 Home Edition, but I do when attempting to reinstall Win 10 Pro. Originally, I did not have an issue, but after a Microsoft update causing a crash, I cannot reinstall my Win 10 Pro. It stops with this msg showing the following:

There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the storage location.

Make sure that, for all volumes to be backup, the minimum required disk space for shadow copy creation is available...

On my laptop, I do not show anything on its "C" drive as a System Reserved. Therefore, with my Desktop currently running its original Win 7 pro I do. Questions: which Reserved do I work with "D" or "G." Currently, nothing is in either. If I have to expand "D" or "G," which one?

On line, I can find resolutions to the msg, BUT nothing addresses having two System Reserves

Thank you

:)

zyzzyva57, Apr 18, 2019

2. Can I safely delete certain partitions?

All the partitions to the right of C:\ can be safely deleted. I noticed you have some substantial unallocated disk space that you should try recovering.

After deleting the suggested partitions, the Volumes you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (CCan I delete a certain Partition because of this error msg when attempting to reinstall Win... :). Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Apr 18, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Deleting or Formatting a Partition

Once you are able to reinstall windows please indicate the steps that you made to clean the drive and install Windows 10. The steps that are usual are in post #8 and essembe displayed them in post #20. Did they fail again? If you try diskpart again let us know the fail error. Were you able to use the steps that Kyhi listed?

zbook, Apr 18, 2019
  4. VBX
    vbx Win User

Can I delete a certain Partition because of this error msg when attempting to reinstall Win...

Help, I deleted a partition, and can't seem to "extend" the other partition

Ok, here's how it happened.

I had 2 partition. XP and Win7 x86.

I shrank the Win7 x86 partition and created a new partition (Win7 X64)

I then deleted Win7 x86 partition.

----------

edit: what warup suggested did the trick. It took 20+ minutes for that software to do it, but hey it worked.. Thanks

Thema:

1. Can I delete a certain Partition because of this error msg when attempting to reinstall Win... - Similar Threads - delete certain Partition

2. Partitions when reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitions when reinstalling: Helping a friend,Gone through all the repair and scans, having to re-install windows.When I go to partitions there seems to be about 6?The one I picked right or wrong and it warned me was the primary petition.One is a recovery, or 2.Can the others be cleaned off. Why so...
  3. Partitions when reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitions when reinstalling: Helping a friend,Gone through all the repair and scans, having to re-install windows.When I go to partitions there seems to be about 6?The one I picked right or wrong and it warned me was the primary petition.One is a recovery, or 2.Can the others be cleaned off. Why so...
  4. Partitions when reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can i delete healthyEFI partition and healthyrecovery partition while clean reinstalling...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i delete healthyEFI partition and healthyrecovery partition while clean reinstalling...: Can i delete healthyEFI partition and healthyrecovery partition while clean reinstalling windows?I just want a clean new reinstallation of windows...Also what are these drives i didnt create them?Will i lose my oem product key if i delete these drives?...
  6. Can I delete this partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I delete this partition?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/phan2kx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu5bw3/can_i_delete_this_partition/
  7. Can I delete this partition?????

Can I delete this partition?????: Can I delete the recovery partition about 100mb named as system [IMG]before the c drive?????? Is it possible to delete the recovery partition????? If I delete it, is there any possibility for any problems??????? I need to reset my desktop. So I wish to delete that...
  8. Reinstall Windows – Deleting Partitions

Reinstall Windows – Deleting Partitions: Reinstall Windows – Deleting Partitions I reinstalled an online Windows 10 and first deleted all old partitions in the process. As I have been told, when I first purchased my PC, there is a partition on it that includes the factory version of Windows to use if required....
  9. Win 10 Error msg with Eudora

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Error msg with Eudora: When Eudora opens the msg "Eudora was unable to update the registry. Your default mail program has not been changed." It was suggested to put "DefaultMailTo=0" in the Eudora.ini file. Did this but the message still appears. Not a big deal, but annoying. Any other ideas?...
  10. Can I Delete This Partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I Delete This Partition: I'm planning to tidy up the partitions on my desktop PC UEFI system disk. See the disk map below from Partition Wizard. I want to delete the old unused 300GB recovery partition at the start of the drive, move the FAT32 system partition to the start of the drive and extend the...