Windows 10: Can I delete an app file?

Discus and support Can I delete an app file? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, So I first installed Malwarebytes to Windows 10 and then uninstalled it because I didn't like it. Then I found the Malwarebytes folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cubing-Cuber2008, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Can I delete an app file?

Hi, So I first installed Malwarebytes to Windows 10 and then uninstalled it because I didn't like it. Then I found the Malwarebytes folder in C:/Programfiles. Is it safe to delete that folder? Thanks in Advance!

submitted by /u/Cubing-Cuber2008
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cubing-Cuber2008, Mar 27, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Suggested options for undeletable items:
    1. Delete when Windows is not running
    a. from a command prompt via SHIFT + left click Restart and navigate to a command prompt
    - if you are very confident in using it.
    b. boot your system from a boot disk such as Kyhi's availabel from the top of the Software and Apps section. Familiar file explorer

2. Use a 3rd party utility which can be set to delete on reboot (outside Windows).
    e.g.
    EMCO Moveonboot
    Fileassassin (files only)

Note: radical steps to remove all those saves relatively little space.
    Much safer to use the tutorials here to remove unwanted apps using Powershell.

dalchina, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Cannot delete files in Temp

~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp

Those filenames, iirc, I have seen files of that naming nature made by applications created in Visual Basic in the past, & they did not tend to cleanup @ shutdown of the apps that made them.

A list of apps you run @ startup could help us help you understand which apps are creating them possibly, just so you know & then you might be able to find apps that do the same task but do not leave a mess around in your %TEMP%/%TMP% folders.

Also, providing us a list of taskmgr.exe apps via a screenshot of it isn't going to hurt either, just so you understand what may be causing that last filename (~ROMFN_000007A8 )

We're all fairly sure the performance monitoring the system does creates this one though -> Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat @ this point.

In any event, I would guess it's apps you run @ system startup, either from the registry RUN areas, &/or startup groups, for the first 3 filenames, mainly because your safemode booting allows you to delete the files & safemode typically doesn't run anything absolutely not necessary to system function (like registry RUN areas & startup group apps).

APK

Alec§taar, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Nergal Win User

Can I delete an app file?

App for deleting files while being used by another process...

Most of the time, booting in safe mode, as administrator, will enable you to remove those files (maps).

however, there are some programs out there to do just whatyou ask, I once found one after some searching on google. So either try my suggestion, or in fact search on google perhaps?

"Force delete" will bring up enough info on this.

Nergal, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Can I delete an app file?

1. Can I delete an app file? - Similar Threads - delete app file

2. Can I delete these files>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete these files>: I recently had to do an ISO reinstall of windows 11 and a prompt came up that I would have a file called windows.old. Well that one file is 163 GB. Someone [;ease help me!!!<moved from Community Center / Discuss the Microsoft Community site / Other feedback>...
  3. Can I delete these files>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete these files>: I recently had to do an ISO reinstall of windows 11 and a prompt came up that I would have a file called windows.old. Well that one file is 163 GB. Someone [;ease help me!!!<moved from Community Center / Discuss the Microsoft Community site / Other feedback>...
  4. can i delete this file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i delete this file?: located at located at C:\ESD\Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-file/54407807-7a54-418f-a945-c7678856a897
  5. can i delete this file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i delete this file?: located at located at C:\ESD\Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-file/54407807-7a54-418f-a945-c7678856a897
  6. can i delete this file?

7. Can I delete this file?

Can I delete this file?: Hi, so am I able to delete this txt file called end in my local disk. There is nothing in it but I am really paranoid that it might do something to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-file/36c16fd9-6f11-4ee0-8d33-4e7a6ab10be6
  8. Can I delete this file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete this file?: Hi, so am I able to delete this txt file called end in my local disk. There is nothing in it but I am really paranoid that it might do something to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-file/36c16fd9-6f11-4ee0-8d33-4e7a6ab10be6
  9. Can I delete this file?

10. can I delete the file?

can I delete the file?: Are the files important or can I delete them without worrying? [ATTACH] kann ich die datein löschen?