Windows 10: Can I delete AppsData/Local folders

Discus and support Can I delete AppsData/Local folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My AppsData/Locals directory contains hundreds of folders with names like this {0A9C8663-B157-4388-A77F-B3654162B421}. I looked at a few and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joe_2888, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Joe_2888 Win User

Can I delete AppsData/Local folders

My AppsData/Locals directory contains hundreds of folders with names like this {0A9C8663-B157-4388-A77F-B3654162B421}. I looked at a few and they are all empty. What are they and can they be deleted?

:)

Joe_2888, Nov 8, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I delete AppsData/Local folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I delete AppsData/Local folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 8, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Can I delete AppsData/Local folders

Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Can I delete AppsData/Local folders

1. Can I delete AppsData/Local folders - Similar Threads - delete AppsData Local

2. I can not delete a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not delete a folder.: After moving all my files to a new folder I can not delete the old one. So here's my story. My user folder is incorrectly spelled Zebed instead of Zebedee. So I made a new folder and moved everything. After moving everything to the new folder named Zebedee I realized that I...
  3. Can I Delete windows nt Folder:

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Delete windows nt Folder:: I just noticed that my C>Program Files folder contains a folder named 'windows nt'. It has a date of April this year. It contains stuff related to the Chinese and Ethiopian languages, and others. It also has a WordPad exe. Maybe this thing has been here all along, but I don't...
  4. Can I recover a permanently deleted folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I recover a permanently deleted folder?: Hi, I am new to the forums and I do not know where to post this. About an hour ago I was clearing my documents out, and I deleted a folder by accident that contained a lot of important files. I had downloaded a couple of 'recovery' programs to see if they could be any help....
  5. Can I Delete GEAR Software Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Delete GEAR Software Folder?: In my C>ProgramData folder there's a folder with a random-character meaningless name. It contains a folder called x64 and a file called GEARDIFx. The most recent date on any of this stuff is 2013. I think the whole thing is video related, but I don't know if it's really...
  6. $GetCurrent folder - Can I delete

in Windows 10 Support
    $GetCurrent folder - Can I delete: My windows.old folder disappeared today. From what I have read this is expected behaviour. But folder $GetCurrent is still there? I tried Disk Cleanup, but, there is no option for 'Previous windows installations'? So can I delete $GetCurrent folder? If so how? Right...
  7. Can I delete "C:\Windows10Upgrade" folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I delete "C:\Windows10Upgrade" folder?: There is a 15 MB folder named C:\Windows10Upgrade dated Aug 3, 2016, that puts an icon on the desktop "Windows 10 Upgrade". I don't know what it is. Maybe from the assisted Anniversary upgrade? Can the folder be deleted without causing problems? Thank you. 66486
  8. Can I delete folder windows10upgrade.?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete folder windows10upgrade.?: The folder "windows10upgrade" was created after I used creator to upgrade windows 92358
  9. Can i Delete this Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i Delete this Folders?: Can i Delete Folder $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS on C: Drive? 9888
  10. Can I delete Windows.old folder ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete Windows.old folder ?: Can I delete Windows.old folder ? and is it any important file inside that folder ? and where can I find my device manager ? *really 9365