Windows 10: Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ?

Discus and support Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi community ,Im falling short on disk space so i wanted to delete some unnecessary stuff . So , is it safe to delete contents in temp folder , which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Manas Reddy Naguru, May 6, 2021.

1. Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ?

Hi community ,Im falling short on disk space so i wanted to delete some unnecessary stuff . So , is it safe to delete contents in temp folder , which is located in Appdata folder . Pls provide me a suggestion .Regards,Manas

:)

Manas Reddy Naguru, May 6, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 6, 2021
  3. AppData/Local/Temp folder has deleted a file

Hi Willbowden,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I'll be glad to assist you.

Generally speaking, you really shouldn't tamper with the AppData folder. Its name suggests what it does, it's the folder your programs use to store their information.

Are you assuming that the deletion of the file in AppData has affected your system?

Windows will not delete the files that are in use, but as these are 'temporary' files

you do not need to worry about those you can delete. This is a common practice that is can be done

via Disk Cleanup (which does not delete all the files), but if you want to, go ahead and

copy them to a folder somewhere of your choice and compress them if you are desperate for space

on your SSD.

Leaving too much in your TEMP folder will slow Windows.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us or further queries. we are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, May 6, 2021
  4. ansentry Win User

Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ?

Appdata/temp over 25gb of folders

I read the article and it says don't delete the folder. "So yes, as long as you perform a clean boot first, you can delete any or all contents of %localappdata%\Temp (although you should keep the folder itself as it's a Windows folder)."

Also it does not explain where these folders are coming from, sometimes I get a warning that my SSD is full and when i check it is the type of file in my example. Hundreds of them, The most I have had is around 50GB

ansentry, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ?

1. Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ? - Similar Threads - delete contents temp

2. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?: When I was deleting the %temp% and prefetch folder contents, I noticed that Windows NEVER deletes temporary folders. I would like an auto %temp% and prefetch folder content deleter in the next update....
  3. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?: When I was deleting the %temp% and prefetch folder contents, I noticed that Windows NEVER deletes temporary folders. I would like an auto %temp% and prefetch folder content deleter in the next update....
  4. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder

NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder: Hello,So i was browsing in my temp folder and found this Folder: Picture is in belowWhen i enter this folder, it feels like in its Main C: Drive Contains:"PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, Windows" Folders.This also cant delete though.but My question is, What...
  6. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in appdata temp folder

NLTmpMnt01 Folder in appdata temp folder: Hello,So i was browsing in my temp folder and found this Folder: Picture is in belowWhen i enter this folder, it feels like in its Main C: Drive Contains:"PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, Windows" Folders.This also cant delete though.but My question is, What...
  7. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in appdata temp folder

NLTmpMnt01 Folder in appdata temp folder: Hello,So i was browsing in my temp folder and found this Folder: Picture is in belowWhen i enter this folder, it feels like in its Main C: Drive Contains:"PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, Windows" Folders.This also cant delete though.but My question is, What...
  8. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in appdata temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can I delete the contents of this folder

Can I delete the contents of this folder: Und On my C:\ drive I have a folder called Windows 10 Upgrade. Can the contents of this folder be deleted as it contains 20.0GB? I can't remember it being there before 20Hi 2004 install....
  10. Can I Delete The content of C:\Windows\Temp folder?

Can I Delete The content of C:\Windows\Temp folder?: Hi! Pretty auto-explainable question. Can I Delete The content of C:\Windows\Temp folder? (Don't confuse it with C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local). I believe there's a ton of files up there and I'd want to remove it, but I'm not sure if it is safe. Can I do so? Thanks in...