Windows 10: Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10

Discus and support Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi sir I Have the questions I used surface labtop3 with window 10. At this moment the storage nearly empty. The system file in storage shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThitiphongOhmapinyarn, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10

Hi sir

I Have the questions

I used surface labtop3 with window 10. At this moment the storage nearly empty.

The system file in storage shown over 140GB

Question is

1 how can I delete or clear the system file to increase the storage capacity

2 in C: I saw the folder regarding ProgramData and Recovery folder Can I delete since its used over 2GB per folder.

:)

ThitiphongOhmapinyarn, Feb 23, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10 :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10 :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 23, 2021
  3. RoboX Win User
    Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Anusha Win User

Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10 ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10

1. Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10 - Similar Threads - delete Folder Programdata

2. Can I delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder ?: Hi, Can you please tell me if I can delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder.Its taking up 61 GB of space on my computer.I've attached a screenshot of the files aswell a screenshot from treeSize Free.Please tell me what I can do to free this space ?...
  3. Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?

Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?: [ATTACH] After I just updated my computer, I saw a bunch of new files including "ProgramData" folder, it contains 3.26 Gigabytes size but it doesn't consume my storage. If I delete this folder, will it crash or disable some of my apps or data? Will it increase my storage...
  4. Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kriger369 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd45d3/folders_in_programdata_are_this_folders_safe/
  5. Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being...

Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being...: I was just surfing all the files in my computer, when I found a folder named "wargaming.net" in my ProgramData hidden folder in C drive. I had downloaded World of Tanks some time agoa year or so?, but uninstalled it, so I reasoned that I did not need the folder. I went inside...
  6. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\: I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account...
  7. What is the ProgramData folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What is the ProgramData folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 creates a number of system files and folders to support the running of the operating system. The ProgramData folder is one of those important system folders. It contains all the data for Windows classic and UWP applications. It [...] This post...
  8. ProgramData folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ProgramData folder in Windows 10: I am moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a program Jewelry Designer Manager that I use. I have moved the program to Windows 10 and it works fine. However, I also use the data from it with Access. Since Windows 10 has decided to hide the ProgramData folder...
  9. Can i Delete this Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i Delete this Folders?: Can i Delete Folder $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS on C: Drive? 9888
  10. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...