Windows 10: Can I Delete GEAR Software Folder?

Discus and support Can I Delete GEAR Software Folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In my C>ProgramData folder there's a folder with a random-character meaningless name. It contains a folder called x64 and a file called GEARDIFx. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vanp, May 20, 2018.

1. vanp Win User

Can I Delete GEAR Software Folder?

In my C>ProgramData folder there's a folder with a random-character meaningless name. It contains a folder called x64 and a file called GEARDIFx. The most recent date on any of this stuff is 2013. I think the whole thing is video related, but I don't know if it's really needed. Can I safely delete this stuff? Thanks.

:)

2. HOW DO I DELETE MY OUTLOOK EMAIL

You can try to remove your account through Outlook.com. Please follow the steps below:

• Click the gear icon (settings) at the top right of the screen
    • Under Accounts, select Connected accounts
    • Select the account the you want to delete then click the trash icon

You can also remove the account through the Control Panel. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Search for Control Panel
    • Search for Mail
    • Click the account then select Remove

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 21, 2018
  3. A Folder on my desktop that I cannot delete.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: To find the exact location of the folder that you want to delete I suggest you to follow the below steps and check fi it helps.

• Right click on the “Folder” on the “Desktop” that you want to delete.
    • Click on “Properties”.
    • Under the “Target” tab you will find the path of the folder, go to that particular path and try to delete the folder.

Method 2: If still the issue persists, then If you are using third party anti-virus, then I suggest you to temporarily disable it and check whether the issue persists or not.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should
    re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Can I Delete GEAR Software Folder?

1. Can I Delete GEAR Software Folder? - Similar Threads - Delete GEAR Software

2. Can I delete this folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete this folders?: Hello,is it safe to delete Dbg/sym folders from ProgramData folder? I solved BSOD I had. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-folders/19a16d58-bfae-4b11-bbc8-88a731e9b4ef
  3. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder: Can i delete download files in windows software distribution its affect os crash or any other software crash please replay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-download-files-in-windows-software/a21c7c3e-60f9-4a8f-b516-941f06c5afe1
  4. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder: Can i delete download files in windows software distribution its affect os crash or any other software crash please replay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-download-files-in-windows-software/a21c7c3e-60f9-4a8f-b516-941f06c5afe1
  5. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can't delete Gears 4 folder Microsoft.SpartaUWP_14.4.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Gears 4 folder Microsoft.SpartaUWP_14.4.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe: I'm trying to delete the Microsoft.SpartaUWP_14.4.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe folder from the WindowsApp folder on my drive. I tried running get-appxpackage *SpartaUWP* remove-appxpackagein Powershell but it did nothing.I also tried to give myself an ownership of the folder but...
  7. Can't delete Gears 4 folder Microsoft.SpartaUWP_14.4.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete Gears 4 folder Microsoft.SpartaUWP_14.4.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe: I'm trying to delete the Microsoft.SpartaUWP_14.4.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe folder from the WindowsApp folder on my drive. I tried running get-appxpackage *SpartaUWP* remove-appxpackagein Powershell but it did nothing.I also tried to give myself an ownership of the folder but...
  8. Can't delete Gears 4 folder Microsoft.SpartaUWP_14.4.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

9. I can not delete a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not delete a folder.: After moving all my files to a new folder I can not delete the old one. So here's my story. My user folder is incorrectly spelled Zebed instead of Zebedee. So I made a new folder and moved everything. After moving everything to the new folder named Zebedee I realized that I...
  10. Can i Delete this Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i Delete this Folders?: Can i Delete Folder $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS on C: Drive? 9888