Windows 10: Can I delete installers?

Discus and support Can I delete installers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Let's say I have this program that I use frequently. The installer takes a lot of space, so I'm just thinking. Can I delete the installer and will it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AndyTheMusicLover, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Can I delete installers?

Let's say I have this program that I use frequently. The installer takes a lot of space, so I'm just thinking. Can I delete the installer and will it harm the program itself?

submitted by /u/AndyTheMusicLover
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AndyTheMusicLover, Mar 2, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Anusha Win User

Can I delete installers?

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can I delete installers? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Can I delete installers?

1. Can I delete installers? - Similar Threads - delete installers

2. Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?: So i have installed the ISO in my pc just to fill the missing features in my windows and fix my media player, well can i delete it now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-my-isodisc-image-when-i-have/d45e4049-d0a5-491d-8a9b-0a29816dc940
  3. Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?: So i have installed the ISO in my pc just to fill the missing features in my windows and fix my media player, well can i delete it now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-my-isodisc-image-when-i-have/d45e4049-d0a5-491d-8a9b-0a29816dc940
  4. Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?: Hi, i have this Acer gaming laptop which comes with Windows 10 and i upgraded it to Windows 11 before, but it has few problems such as the whole system yes including windows and everything lags or stutters, so i came to conclusion that downgrading to Windows 10 might be the...
  5. Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?

Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?: Hi, i have this Acer gaming laptop which comes with Windows 10 and i upgraded it to Windows 11 before, but it has few problems such as the whole system yes including windows and everything lags or stutters, so i came to conclusion that downgrading to Windows 10 might be the...
  6. Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...

Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...: I installed a security script off of github and upon locking the screen or sleeping, it now requires me to press ctrl alt delete to wake up the screen. I tried removing it by looking up online sources and disabling the "require username and password to login" as well as...
  7. Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...: I installed a security script off of github and upon locking the screen or sleeping, it now requires me to press ctrl alt delete to wake up the screen. I tried removing it by looking up online sources and disabling the "require username and password to login" as well as...
  8. Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I have just installed win 11 again in my pc and every driver was I think deleted and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just installed win 11 again in my pc and every driver was I think deleted and I...: my computer is open but I can't connect to internet maybe some driver error.is there any solution to it?There is no button of internet or wifi coming.Pls reply immediatelyNo button on my keyboard is working I think all drivers are not working.i have just installed windows...
  10. I have just installed win 11 again in my pc and every driver was I think deleted and I...

I have just installed win 11 again in my pc and every driver was I think deleted and I...: my computer is open but I can't connect to internet maybe some driver error.is there any solution to it?There is no button of internet or wifi coming.Pls reply immediatelyNo button on my keyboard is working I think all drivers are not working.i have just installed windows...