Windows 10: Can i delete microsoft windows wer files?

Discus and support Can i delete microsoft windows wer files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a LENOVO Laptop. Windows 10. My Local Disk (C) is very filled. I need space. When i tried to do bring down capacity for Local Disk (D)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by İsmail Hakkı KOCA, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Can i delete microsoft windows wer files?

Hi,

I am using a LENOVO Laptop. Windows 10. My Local Disk (C) is very filled. I need space. When i tried to do bring down capacity for Local Disk (D) and tried to add it to Local Disk (C). But it didn't work. It is too long to tell. But shortly, i need to delete Local Disk (D). With that way i can use that space for bring up capacity for Local Disk (C). My system folders, system32 folders etc. are in Local Disk (C). So it is my primary and more important Disk.

In my Local Disk (D), there is a folder. Microsoft/Windows/WER/ReportQueue/....... (and there is a few error reports file. In internet, people says ''you can delete error report files inside WER or ReportQueue. But i will delete COMPLETELY Local Disk (D), so i won't delete only error report files, i will delete microsoft windows wer folders completely. Will it be a problem? With that way, there won't be an existing microsoft/windows/wer folder. (NOTE: This isn't a classic microsoft file that make able my system works. it is just a error report folder. so it shouldn't be a problem i think. but i'm not sure Can i delete microsoft windows wer files? :) ).

What do you suggest?

:)

İsmail Hakkı KOCA, Aug 20, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 20, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Aug 20, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Can i delete microsoft windows wer files?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Can i delete microsoft windows wer files?

1. Can i delete microsoft windows wer files? - Similar Threads - delete microsoft wer

2. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can I delete microsoft password protected files: I did a scan with BitDefender and it found over 80 password protected files. For example: \\?\Volume{5dfa899c-fb0c-4783-9718-f8a366c8a027}\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.LOG. Can I delete these files or will it hurt my system? Not all of the 80 were Microsoft files....
  3. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I delete microsoft password protected files: I did a scan with BitDefender and it found over 80 password protected files. For example: \\?\Volume{5dfa899c-fb0c-4783-9718-f8a366c8a027}\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.LOG. Can I delete these files or will it hurt my system? Not all of the 80 were Microsoft files....
  4. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can i delete this file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i delete this file?: located at located at C:\ESD\Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-file/54407807-7a54-418f-a945-c7678856a897
  6. can i delete this file?

can i delete this file?: located at located at C:\ESD\Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-file/54407807-7a54-418f-a945-c7678856a897
  7. Can I delete this file?

Can I delete this file?: Hi, so am I able to delete this txt file called end in my local disk. There is nothing in it but I am really paranoid that it might do something to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-file/36c16fd9-6f11-4ee0-8d33-4e7a6ab10be6
  8. Can I delete this file?

Can I delete this file?: Hi, so am I able to delete this txt file called end in my local disk. There is nothing in it but I am really paranoid that it might do something to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-file/36c16fd9-6f11-4ee0-8d33-4e7a6ab10be6
  9. Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting: Hi all, I had a error on my Windows 10 machine and I captured the log from the event manager.Can anyone assist me?Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReportingDate: 10/08/2021 03:43:21Event ID: 1001Task Category: NoneLevel:...
  10. Can i delete microsoft windows wer files?

Can i delete microsoft windows wer files?: werrrrrrrrrrrrrrr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wer/548c277e-0fef-44c3-b637-edfe94bb5f2d