Windows 10: Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D

Discus and support Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D? After searching google, the best answer I found is NO - but I have to move it to C:\Program Files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Not_An_IT_Guy, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D

Hi,

Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D? After searching google, the best answer I found is NO - but I have to move it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VC and register it. I also found another answer stating it was ok to delete it if the file in question is already located in the correct path. When I went to my C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VC, I saw that there is already an msdia80.dll there but it has a different file size. The one on my drive D is 884KB and the one on the correct path is only 611KB. I don't know much about computer stuff so I can't tell if they're really identical files. Please advise if I should replace or simply delete the one on drive D. Thanks! (Sorry if I have selected the wrong topic)

:)

Not_An_IT_Guy, Dec 3, 2018
  2. wonlee85 Win User

random msdia80.dll

I have installed the Korean language pack on Windows 10 however the installation created msdia80.dll in D: drive, which is my largest storage. I also find the same file at
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VC. Can I delete it? Is it safe?

wonlee85, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Msdia80.dll file is in my empty partition drive

I have noticed Msdia80.dll file in my X drive. The drive is empty with only msdia80.dll file in it.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\VC

Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D 2666fb35-c079-4712-b899-099d918c5cdc.png

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VC

Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D 17ec7b5c-1052-475d-a030-0d462bd403f9.png

msdia80.dll is missing in 64 bit folder. So does the X drive msdia80.dll file belong there?

The properties of msdia80.dll from Program files(x86) and the one in X drive are different.

Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D f4b7e4cf-37a4-4b55-8f77-ffba32b894aa.png

Where does the msdia80.dll from X drive originally belong to? How do I move it?

Anusha Pininti, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D

msdia80.dll

i have a msdia80.dll kind of file in my drive d. i just dont know how did it appear in my d drive and also i have not installed any kind of visual c++ files. i dont know if this is due to some updates i installed. but would it have been due to update then
    wouldnt it be installed in the c drive?
    Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D 187a9304-3c71-4587-9082-56b97dd1d8db.png

UtsavDhungana, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D

1. Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D - Similar Threads - delete msdia80 dll

2. msdia80.dll on my disk D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msdia80.dll on my disk D:: Hello, I've found msdia80.dll on my disk D: . I've found out, that I have to put it into the VC folder and when I looked into that folder, I only saw msdia90.dll and msdia100.dll .Can I delete msdia80.dll or is it important, I actually don't understand, what's the purpose of...
  3. msdia80.dll on my disk D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msdia80.dll on my disk D:: Hello, I've found msdia80.dll on my disk D: . I've found out, that I have to put it into the VC folder and when I looked into that folder, I only saw msdia90.dll and msdia100.dll .Can I delete msdia80.dll or is it important, I actually don't understand, what's the purpose of...
  4. msdia80.dll on my disk D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted D-drive: So I've always been installing Games and other stuff to my C-Drive, and today I tried installing a game to the D-Drive because I had no more space in the other one. After coming back to see how it's going I realized it had stopped installing because the D-Driver got completly...
  6. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted D-drive: So I've always been installing Games and other stuff to my C-Drive, and today I tried installing a game to the D-Drive because I had no more space in the other one. After coming back to see how it's going I realized it had stopped installing because the D-Driver got completly...
  7. Deleted D-drive

8. Can I delete this files that are on my D:\ drive?

Can I delete this files that are on my D:\ drive?: Hello, I think this is my second post on this community and I wanted to ask if I could delete all the files that are on the D:\ drive since I want to use it to put my games on that drive and some of the files take a lot of storage. Here Im leaving a screenshot of the files...
  9. msdia80.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    msdia80.dll: there are 2 msdia80.dll and one of them in root directory and the other one in VC folder, i don't know what to do, please help me ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msdia80dll/5b73febb-8902-49e6-827a-4c2f23803ecf
  10. I can not delete file on Drive D, Window 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can not delete file on Drive D, Window 10: I have Kaspersky anti virus program to control my pc, and they found Trojan.Win32.Agent in D;/Wintools/HijackThis.exe I want to delete it and tried to open Drive D, but it does not allow me to open it. The Kaspersky has no object to remove this virus too What can I do ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msdia80.dll windows 10

2. msdia80.dll in d drive

3. msdia80.dll windows 10 location on drive

4. msdia80.dll delete,
  5. msdia80.dll on d drive,
  6. what happens when i delete msdia,
  7. msdia80.dll on drive d windows 10