Windows 10: Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?

Discus and support Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] After I just updated my computer, I saw a bunch of new files including "ProgramData" folder, it contains 3.26 Gigabytes size but it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akirasans, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Akirasans Win User

Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?

Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C? f776e5c8-c6a8-4d30-a3b9-8273c016ea4f?upload=true.jpg

After I just updated my computer, I saw a bunch of new files including "ProgramData" folder, it contains 3.26 Gigabytes size but it doesn't consume my storage. If I delete this folder, will it crash or disable some of my apps or data? Will it increase my storage space?

:)

Akirasans, Nov 18, 2020

2. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

While working in the elevated Console Environment, try these commands:

md C:\Junk

move C:\ProgramData\Battle.net C:\Junk

Now reboot, then delete the junk folder.

Frederik Long, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?

How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

Hi Johann Eva,

So there isn't a way to move files from Appdata\Local. OK.... if you could help me at "Is there a way to move ProgramData" folder. However, I just want to move one folder whic is located at ProgramData C:\ProgramData\Epic Is there a way
    to move it to other disk.

Just in Case, I want to move EpicGames and Fortnite folders. Because my disk C is "Frozen" and my disk E isn't

Good Luck,

Josue Franco Jaldin, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?

1. Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C? - Similar Threads - delete ProgramData folder

2. What is C:\ProgramData\Package Cache? Can it be deleted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is C:\ProgramData\Package Cache? Can it be deleted?: I need to free up some space on my hard drive, and I see that this folder is taking up 8GB. Every discussion that I've found says that it is related to Visual Studio, but I've never installed VS, so it can't be that. What is it? If contents are deleted and are later needed...
  3. What is C:\ProgramData\Package Cache? Can it be deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is C:\ProgramData\Package Cache? Can it be deleted?: I need to free up some space on my hard drive, and I see that this folder is taking up 8GB. Every discussion that I've found says that it is related to Visual Studio, but I've never installed VS, so it can't be that. What is it? If contents are deleted and are later needed...
  4. What is C:\ProgramData\Package Cache? Can it be deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder ?

Can I delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder ?: Hi, Can you please tell me if I can delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder.Its taking up 61 GB of space on my computer.I've attached a screenshot of the files aswell a screenshot from treeSize Free.Please tell me what I can do to free this space ?...
  6. Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10: Hi sir I Have the questions I used surface labtop3 with window 10. At this moment the storage nearly empty. The system file in storage shown over 140GB Question is 1 how can I delete or clear the system file to increase the storage capacity 2 in C: I saw the...
  7. should I delete these files in Local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should I delete these files in Local disk C: should I delete these files in Local disk C [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-delete-these-files-in-local-disk-c/854570b5-e7d1-43e6-86d8-b5eda089bb86
  8. Can I Delete Local Disk Drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I Delete Local Disk Drives?: I have two local disk drives R (used 6.38GB) and W (182MB) that appeared after I attempted to install BitLocker. I changed my mind and stopped the install before it was finished. My question is, can I delete them without harm to my computer? Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909 (OS...
  9. Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

Deleting ProgramData files on C drive: Hello I am wondering if I can delete ProgramData files on C drive so I can free up space and help my pc run faster. I went online and saw related articles but they didn't recommend to delete them. But in ProgramData folder, there are many subfolders of Softwares that I had...
  10. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\: I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account...