Windows 10: Can I delete the 16MB Microsoft Reserved Partition?

Discus and support Can I delete the 16MB Microsoft Reserved Partition? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 a couple days ago because I need specific apps that's only available on Windows. I make the C: partition too small and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xubuntu121, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Can I delete the 16MB Microsoft Reserved Partition?

I just installed Windows 10 a couple days ago because I need specific apps that's only available on Windows. I make the C: partition too small and I want to expand it but there's a 16mb MSR partition in the middle, and any app that I use cannot move the partition to the left. Can I remove this partition?, or do I need to reinstall Windows?

submitted by /u/Xubuntu121
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xubuntu121, Nov 19, 2020

2. Deleting system reserve

Using a third party tool, it suggests that there are no consequences for deleting the 16MB system reserve and that this will allow the EFI system partition to be increased beyond its current 100MB (lack of size has hindered standard updates of Windows
    10). I have over 300 MB of unallocated disk space that I can add to the EFI system partition.

Mitch Bloom1, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Deleting a "System Reserved" partition

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• What happens when you try to delete the System Reserved Partition?

• Do you receive any error code/message? If yes, what is the exact error code\message you get?
    I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with Networking and check if you are able to delete the System Reserved Partition.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer the article below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

The system reserved partition contains boot files, you may create a recovery drive before deleting it.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 19, 2020
  4. rbmorse Win User

Can I delete the 16MB Microsoft Reserved Partition?

No system reserved partition

On my system, a clean install of Windows 10 Pro from a retail distribution media (not the upgrade) I have four partitions, Recovery (450Mb), System (100 Mb), Reserved (16Mb) and Primary (the rest of the drive).

The reserved partition does not show in diskmgmt.msc, but I can see it using the "list part" command in diskpart.exe

rbmorse, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Can I delete the 16MB Microsoft Reserved Partition?

1. Can I delete the 16MB Microsoft Reserved Partition? - Similar Threads - delete 16MB Microsoft

2. Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?: I was using Legacy BIOS on MBR disk and to change it to UEFI I converted my disk to GPT using Windows command prompt.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/aa8c2de3-460b-4a8c-b30b-641405f800d7After the process...
  3. Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?: I was using Legacy BIOS on MBR disk and to change it to UEFI I converted my disk to GPT using Windows command prompt.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/aa8c2de3-460b-4a8c-b30b-641405f800d7After the process...
  4. Windows 11 not bootable after deleting Windows Reserved 16mb partition and expanding EFI

Windows 11 not bootable after deleting Windows Reserved 16mb partition and expanding EFI: I have W11 and two Linux OSes.Due to extremely small EFI partitio 100mb my goal was to delete the Windows 16mb reserved one, merge it into one and then extend.However, deleting the WReserved One and EFI merging made my W11 unbootable - the logo shows during boot but then...
  5. Windows 11 not bootable after deleting Windows Reserved 16mb partition and expanding EFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not bootable after deleting Windows Reserved 16mb partition and expanding EFI: I have W11 and two Linux OSes.Due to extremely small EFI partitio 100mb my goal was to delete the Windows 16mb reserved one, merge it into one and then extend.However, deleting the WReserved One and EFI merging made my W11 unbootable - the logo shows during boot but then...
  6. Can I delete My 16MB Reserved Partition to Increase My EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I delete My 16MB Reserved Partition to Increase My EFI Partition: Hi All,I want to increase my EFI Partition from 100MB to around 1GB so I can install Windows 11.It is on an SSD which is 500GB.However I have been unable to come up with a way to do so due to a 16MB system reserved partition in the way that I dont know what it does. Can I...
  7. Can I delete My 16MB Reserved Partition to Increase My EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete My 16MB Reserved Partition to Increase My EFI Partition: Hi All,I want to increase my EFI Partition from 100MB to around 1GB so I can install Windows 11.It is on an SSD which is 500GB.However I have been unable to come up with a way to do so due to a 16MB system reserved partition in the way that I dont know what it does. Can I...
  8. Can I delete My 16MB Reserved Partition to Increase My EFI Partition

9. Can I delete the System Reserved partition? I have both the Legacy System Reserved...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the System Reserved partition? I have both the Legacy System Reserved...: Background Info: Today, I uninstalled Linux Mint by removing its partition, but my PC keeps trying to boot to "ubuntu" from the BIOS. After some investigation, I found out that I have both the old Legacy & new UEFI partitions for booting on my SSD. Since I recently changed...
  10. I want to delete the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to delete the system reserved partition: Ok, on the 3rd install of Windows 10 Home (after many tweaking accidents on the first two installs), I ended up with a system reserved partition. :/ I want to remove it, to make my backup software happier. I really don't want to install Windows 10... again. Here's a screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft reserved partition 16mb safe to delete in linux