Windows 10: Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...

Discus and support Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I really need some storage space. I've watched some videos saying that it is safe, but i'm still unsure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shepherd., May 26, 2019.

1. Shepherd. Win User

Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...

I really need some storage space. I've watched some videos saying that it is safe, but i'm still unsure.

:)

Shepherd., May 26, 2019
  2. Shiron Win User

SoftwareDistribution Folder

Yes that's exactly what I mean. Is it safe to delete all the folders and files inside the
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads folder.

Shiron, May 26, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 26, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...

SoftwareDistribution Folder

You mean exactly C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads contents inside download folder ? Can safely delete these, always do so number of days after installing updates. Also Use Disk Cleanup.

jds63, May 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my... - Similar Threads - delete contents SoftwareDistribution

2. Can I empty my Downloads folder without deleting programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I empty my Downloads folder without deleting programs?: Over the time my Downloads folder has filled up. The biggest folders are programs that are now installed on my PC. Question: Will deleting these files and folders from the File explorer Downloads folder delete or make the programs inoperable?...
  3. Can i safely delete the pagefile.sys without harming my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i safely delete the pagefile.sys without harming my computer?: Can i safely delete the pagefile.sys without harming my computer?It is way too large can i delete it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-the-pagefilesys-without/addf0279-6b5d-48b5-87e4-5ae2a2466901
  4. Can i safely delete the pagefile.sys without harming my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i safely delete the pagefile.sys without harming my computer?: Can i safely delete the pagefile.sys without harming my computer?It is way too large can i delete it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-the-pagefilesys-without/addf0279-6b5d-48b5-87e4-5ae2a2466901
  5. Deleting SoftwareDistribution Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting SoftwareDistribution Folder: Dear Support,I accidentally deleted the SoftwareDistribution folder instead of the downloads forler inside of there while clearing caches.I did press skip on everything that popped up.I just wanna make sure if all it okay by asking this here.Or is it better to delete the...
  6. Delete SoftwareDistribution folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete SoftwareDistribution folder: If I delete the SoftwareDistribution folder can I still uninstall updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-softwaredistribution-folder/990eb5dc-1966-4e82-9bb3-ee8da3a39e54
  7. Can I delete the contents of this folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the contents of this folder: Und On my C:\ drive I have a folder called Windows 10 Upgrade. Can the contents of this folder be deleted as it contains 20.0GB? I can't remember it being there before 20Hi 2004 install....
  8. SoftwareDistribution folder w/ MS genuine content ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SoftwareDistribution folder w/ MS genuine content ?: Hi, How can I be sure that c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder receives only certified MS content ( Windows Updates and alike )? Or can this folder's content be tampered somehow ( even theoretically ) ? Just a thought *Think Thank you for taking your time to read this....
  9. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  10. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...