Windows 10: Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...

Discus and support Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I really need some storage space. I've watched some videos saying that it is safe, but i'm still unsure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shepherd., May 26, 2019.

1. Shepherd. Win User

Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...

I really need some storage space. I've watched some videos saying that it is safe, but i'm still unsure.

:)

Shepherd., May 26, 2019
  2. Shiron Win User

SoftwareDistribution Folder

Yes that's exactly what I mean. Is it safe to delete all the folders and files inside the
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads folder.

Shiron, May 26, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 26, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...

SoftwareDistribution Folder

You mean exactly C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads contents inside download folder ? Can safely delete these, always do so number of days after installing updates. Also Use Disk Cleanup.

jds63, May 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my... - Similar Threads - delete contents SoftwareDistribution

2. why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder: windows 10 is deleteing the contents from the download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-deleting-the-contents-of-the/1e629346-bd60-46b3-abbb-388e2897be81"
  3. Can I Delete The content of C:\Windows\Temp folder?

Can I Delete The content of C:\Windows\Temp folder?: Hi! Pretty auto-explainable question. Can I Delete The content of C:\Windows\Temp folder? (Don't confuse it with C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local). I believe there's a ton of files up there and I'd want to remove it, but I'm not sure if it is safe. Can I do so? Thanks in...
  4. Is SoftwareDistribution safe to delete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is SoftwareDistribution safe to delete: Hello i don't know if SoftwareDistribution is safe to delete because it takes 6 gigabytes of space and my pc has only 2 gigabytes left of free space should i delete it or no!!!...
  5. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  6. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  7. My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted

My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted: This has to be in my Top 10 weirdest problems in all the years since Windows 98. For a week or so each day I replace the 1/2 dozen files in my Download folder. Then when I check the next day they are all deleted again... with both my Toshiba laptop and my Dell desktop....
  8. SoftwareDistribution Folder

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SoftwareDistribution Folder: ]I just found where all my updates were located. However there are lots of folders and files. Can I safely delete them as they take up lots of space? The figure below shows how much is in the folder. Thanks for any help. [img] 15686
  9. Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it?: Thanks - I'll bear that in mind.
  10. Emptying Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Emptying Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download folder.: Can we delete all folders and files in the above folder? 37643