Windows 10: Can I delete the contents of this folder

Discus and support Can I delete the contents of this folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Und On my C:\ drive I have a folder called Windows 10 Upgrade. Can the contents of this folder be deleted as it contains 20.0GB? I can't remember it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richard000000001, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Can I delete the contents of this folder

Und On my C:\ drive I have a folder called Windows 10 Upgrade. Can the contents of this folder be deleted as it contains 20.0GB? I can't remember it being there before 20Hi 2004 install.

:)

richard000000001, Jun 9, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I delete the contents of this folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I delete the contents of this folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 9, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Can I delete the contents of this folder

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Can I delete the contents of this folder

1. Can I delete the contents of this folder - Similar Threads - delete contents folder

2. The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?: Last night, I updated my computer before going to bed. This morning, when I signed in, I noticed that my background image was missing. I went to the personalize menu and tried to add a custom background, but there was nothing in that folder. I had made about 5 subfolders and...
  3. The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?: Last night, I updated my computer before going to bed. This morning, when I signed in, I noticed that my background image was missing. I went to the personalize menu and tried to add a custom background, but there was nothing in that folder. I had made about 5 subfolders and...
  4. can I delete content of .snap folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can I delete content of .snap folder: My .snap folder is quite larger and I was wondering if I could delete all or some of it's contents?Thanks.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-content-of-snap-folder/ebf438cd-66e0-4508-aeb8-8634aa618aa9
  5. can I delete content of .snap folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I delete content of .snap folder: My .snap folder is quite larger and I was wondering if I could delete all or some of it's contents?Thanks.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-content-of-snap-folder/ebf438cd-66e0-4508-aeb8-8634aa618aa9
  6. can I delete content of .snap folder

7. Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ?

Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ?: Hi community ,Im falling short on disk space so i wanted to delete some unnecessary stuff . So , is it safe to delete contents in temp folder , which is located in Appdata folder . Pls provide me a suggestion .Regards,Manas...
  8. Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

Is it safe to delete this folder's content?: Hi, I found a folder taking up huge space, but I'm not sure if it's safe to delete it's content. C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\ It takes up 19.3gb....
  9. Recover deleted folder and contents

Recover deleted folder and contents: I was working using the mail app on my laptop and accidentally deleted a folder and its contents. None of this is in the deleted items folder so I cannot move it back to my inbox. Where can I find it / how can I recover it? Can easily set up a new subfolder, just want the...
  10. Can I Delete The content of C:\Windows\Temp folder?

Can I Delete The content of C:\Windows\Temp folder?: Hi! Pretty auto-explainable question. Can I Delete The content of C:\Windows\Temp folder? (Don't confuse it with C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local). I believe there's a ton of files up there and I'd want to remove it, but I'm not sure if it is safe. Can I do so? Thanks in...