Windows 10: can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder

Discus and support can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was looking in my user folder in the C: drive and I noticed that I have an empty folder called 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6. I want to know If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BennettAbbey, Jun 25, 2020.

1. can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder

I was looking in my user folder in the C: drive and I noticed that I have an empty folder called 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6. I want to know If I can delete this folder without breaking anything.

:)

BennettAbbey, Jun 25, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 25, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2020
  4. can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder

1. can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder - Similar Threads - delete empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6

2. Can I empty my Downloads folder without deleting programs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I empty my Downloads folder without deleting programs?: Over the time my Downloads folder has filled up. The biggest folders are programs that are now installed on my PC. Question: Will deleting these files and folders from the File explorer Downloads folder delete or make the programs inoperable?...
  3. Can I empty my Downloads folder without deleting programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I empty my Downloads folder without deleting programs?: Over the time my Downloads folder has filled up. The biggest folders are programs that are now installed on my PC. Question: Will deleting these files and folders from the File explorer Downloads folder delete or make the programs inoperable?...
  4. Can I empty my Downloads folder without deleting programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?

Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?: 2 questions 1. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?2. is it safe to delete empty folders in pc storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-empty-folders-in-onedrive/d0a52d54-3369-4e3d-b341-25c16d84320e
  6. i am not able to delete this empty folder

i am not able to delete this empty folder: [ATTACH] i tried to delete it in safe mode too but this folder never disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-delete-this-empty-folder/d3e8d75e-9a9d-413b-b086-5f28b83d1352
  7. Unable to delete an empty folder

Unable to delete an empty folder: I'm getting error message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program." The folder structure is: Documents/LOGS/Documents/Daily Logs Documents/LOGS/Documents/Musings Documents/LOGS/Documents/TEDHNICAL/...
  8. Empty folders being automatically deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folders being automatically deleted: My empty folders on the Documents one are automatically deleted against my will. 144775
  9. Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete: Hi All, I have emptied an unused Folder and tried to delete it from my list of Folders. It is now a sub-folder and displays under the Deleted folder. When I right click to delete the folder and asked do I really want to delete it, a message appears at the top of the screen...
  10. W10 deleted my empty folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 deleted my empty folders?: I had some folders with music and media in general. Some of them where empty, just to remind me what I had to download later. Today I wake up, turn on my computer and notice they are not there anymore. WTF MICROSOFT? Can someone relate to that? How can I solve it? I'm...