Windows 10: Can I delete the file WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event Collector PagedPool.etl from...

Discus and support Can I delete the file WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event Collector PagedPool.etl from... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My C drive is running low on storage. Upon searching for large files, I came across two files named WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event Collector PagedPool.etl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelvinGeorge1, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Can I delete the file WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event Collector PagedPool.etl from...

My C drive is running low on storage. Upon searching for large files, I came across two files named WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event Collector PagedPool.etl and the other named WPR_initiated_WprApp_WPR System Collector.etl which are both located in C:\Windows\Temp. Both of them together takes up 15GB of my storage. Is it safe to delete these two files?

:)

MelvinGeorge1, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Dice Vil Win User

ETL Collector svc, What is it?

Hi,

We'd like you to confirm a few things for us to assist you better:

- By any chance, are you referring to ETW Collector Service instead of ETL?

- Could you provide us with a screenshot of the service and the file extension?

- Have you made any recent changes that initiated this service to appear in your system?

Unless we can verify if it's ETL or ETW you're referring to, we will be inclined to think that this may be a third party application.

Regards.

Dice Vil, Nov 27, 2020
  3. ETL Collector svc, What is it?

Etl collector service does exactly what it sounds like. Ir runs (and needs to) to collect various log files from various sources and stores them where they need to go. Most ETL log files are stored in C:\windows\logs and these are some of the sources.
    There is a decent 3rd party site called blackviper.com that will tell you what services can safely be turned off (or removed)

Can I delete the file WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event Collector PagedPool.etl   from... 27cddc49-8a60-44ad-a613-59fdbb1b07fe.png

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 27, 2020
  4. JDVMSR Win User

Can I delete the file WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event Collector PagedPool.etl from...

ETL Collector svc, What is it?

WHAT is the ETL collector svc function.? IS it vital or necessary for W-10/64 function? W-10 is such a resource hog, I need to reduce the totally useless and unneccy drains on resources. Bad enough I never authorized W-10 to invade my rig, while I was
    away. Has been constant PIA and usurped control in many functions. Can't change owners or access in several cases. Albeit, I am owner and admin of this rig.

JDVMSR, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Can I delete the file WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event Collector PagedPool.etl from...

1. Can I delete the file WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event Collector PagedPool.etl from... - Similar Threads - delete file WPR_initiated_WprApp_Event

2. .etl files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  3. .etl files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  4. .etl files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I move .etl files to a different disk?: I have 2 ssd disks on my machine, one is small, the other is large. The small disk is where the OS and program files are. It also houses the .etl file, which is taking a lot of space. I've moved some of my personal files to the large disk, but can I move the .etl file into...
  6. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move .etl files to a different disk?: I have 2 ssd disks on my machine, one is small, the other is large. The small disk is where the OS and program files are. It also houses the .etl file, which is taking a lot of space. I've moved some of my personal files to the large disk, but can I move the .etl file into...
  7. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can this ETL file be deleted?

Can this ETL file be deleted?: I am running Windows 10 Home X64. I have an ETL file, in the root of C:\, that is over 23gb in size. It is the "gemmauf.etl" file. How important is this file? Is it safe to delete this file especially, since it is taking up a lot of disk space?...
  9. ETL Files & Tracelogging

in Windows 10 Support
    ETL Files & Tracelogging: Hello everyone, I would like to ask about .ETL (Event Trace Log) Files. Recently I noticed in the \System32\SleepStudy Folder that there is a file that keeps track of when my laptop screen is turned on - or woken. The ScreenOn Folder has a heap of ETL logs, each at around...
  10. How can I bulk covert '.etl' files to '.evtx' files?

How can I bulk covert '.etl' files to '.evtx' files?: In Event Viewer, I can open an individual '.etl' file and then convert it to '.evtx' format. I want to do that for hundreds of 'etl' files. Is there a bulk method to perform the conversion? Warm Regards, Mark....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wpr_initiated_wprapp_event collector paged pool.etl