Windows 10: Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps

Discus and support Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I have read that this can be deleted as it relates to failed downloads. Using up a lot of space on my system 160GB Cheers... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Dave Siddons, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps

Hi,

I have read that this can be deleted as it relates to failed downloads. Using up a lot of space on my system 160GB

Cheers

:)

Dave Siddons, Jul 15, 2020

2. Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete

Hello, after having issues cleaning my windowsApp folder, il discovered inside it another folder called MSIXVC, with inside, a gigantic 54.8Go file called " A23B7721-871B-4AD0-805D-C50F8EAA5363 " , and it's just a file, no extensions, nothing. It's surely
    a game or a something related to, but i can't delete it, since it said that this file is opened in system. i don't know what this is, since that HDD isn't the one with windows in it, so this WindowsApp directory only have games.

So i don't know what is it, and if i can delete it.

Any thoughts ?

***moved on english forum***

Slideulidou, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 15, 2020
  4. S.cloris Win User

Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps

1. Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps - Similar Threads - delete folder MSIXVC

2. Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?: I've looked online and haven't found a relatively straight-forward answer on this. I recently upgraded the CPU and motherboard on my desktop and after migrating my drives, some of my Windows apps were missing icons in the search bar. I managed to fix this, however the...
  3. Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?: I've looked online and haven't found a relatively straight-forward answer on this. I recently upgraded the CPU and motherboard on my desktop and after migrating my drives, some of my Windows apps were missing icons in the search bar. I managed to fix this, however the...
  4. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?: I recently installed an SSD to expand my space, and now I got this folder called "WindowsApps" and I wanna delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windowsapps-folder/8330a887-bf39-418c-809c-3f74c0c94a1d
  5. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?: I recently installed an SSD to expand my space, and now I got this folder called "WindowsApps" and I wanna delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windowsapps-folder/8330a887-bf39-418c-809c-3f74c0c94a1d
  6. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

7. MSIXVC folder

MSIXVC folder: I have a 110 gb file named D3256350-2CB1-46C7-80BC-EF80C53C4608 in this folder that i cannot delete. What is it from and can i safely delete it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/355a75d2-0152-4c62-a4f5-2d8a4298db20
  8. MSIXVC Folder

MSIXVC Folder: It takes up unnecessary 80gb even though I am not downloading anything. I checked everywhere, There is no download or update in mc. store nor xbox, how can I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/ae7e1a3f-03a7-4d33-bd7e-2f1f1c46da83
  9. Can't remove 37GB file in MSIXVC folder in WindowsApps directory

Can't remove 37GB file in MSIXVC folder in WindowsApps directory: I'm trying to free up some space on my drives, and I've run into a problem. In the MSIXVC folder in the WindowsApps directory, there's a 37.4 GB file named 8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE that I can't delete. I've given myself permissions, but when I try to delete the...
  10. I have a MSIXVC folder in my WindowsApps folder. Can I delete it? Will there be any problem?

I have a MSIXVC folder in my WindowsApps folder. Can I delete it? Will there be any problem?: I recently noticeted a MXIVC folder where i have bleeding edge installed. Both the bleeding edge and MXIVC folder size is about 14gb. Is it some kind of a back of bleeding age folder or something like that? Can i delete it? I need the space?[IMG][IMG][IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .msixvc

2. deleting msixvc files

3. MSIXVC remove

4. msixvc delete,
  5. MSIXVC folder windows 10,
  6. msixvc