Windows 10: Can I delete the MSR 128mb partition?

Discus and support Can I delete the MSR 128mb partition? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The title says it all. In addition, I have 1903 but this partition is on my hard disk from ages. it is the Microsoft Reserved Partition, and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlphaUMi, Jun 14, 2019.

1. AlphaUMi Win User

Can I delete the MSR 128mb partition?

The title says it all. In addition, I have 1903 but this partition is on my hard disk from ages. it is the Microsoft Reserved Partition, and it is exactly 128mb. Can I safely delete it?

:)

AlphaUMi, Jun 14, 2019

2. Oops I deleted the MSR partition, Will something go wrong?

So as the title suggests, I accidentally deleted the 128 mb MSR partition on my Windows 10 laptop,

I was trying to fix a partitioning problem that I had and saw the 128mb unlabelled partition on my partition software.

I didn't think that it could be the MSR partition and then I deleted it, I haven't noticed any problems as of yet but I am worried that as I have a uefi system I think it could break my laptop and I will lose all my stuff,

Please help my laptop is still new and I don't want to have to get a new one.

All replies appreciated

Thankyou

Prismatic Plasma, Jun 14, 2019
  3. WHY MSR PARTITION IS CREATED WHILE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10

what is MSR partition?

I visited Wikipedia website

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Reserved_Partition ,

I seen 128MB will created for msr partition , but in my laptop I manually created 16MB .

Now my question is , why Microsoft recommends create only 16MB for msr ?

I visited below website for answer , but I failed to get details

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...configure-uefigpt-based-hard-drive-partitions

thanks for reading my post

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Can I delete the MSR 128mb partition?

Fail upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 System reserved partition problem

This tutorial is NOT ABSOLUTELY TRUE for GPT disks

Quotation:

"However, in the case above, if we want to extend the EFI system partition (ESP) by borrowing free space from partition C, we need
    to delete the 128MB Microsoft Reserved Partition (MSR partition) at first since it is unrecognizable file system. Well then, does it mean users must delete the MSR partition when they plan
    to enlarge EFI system partition? Of course not. Actually, only when the MSR partition is located between the EFI system partition and the partition we want to take free space from, the 128MB partition should be deleted. Under this situation, if we do not delete
    the partition, the extending process will be stopped. For detailed steps to delete an existing partition, please see Delete Partition.

Tip: deleting the 128MB Microsoft reserved partition does no harm to both data and system, so users can do it without any worries. "

In fact, MSR is not a partition but a reserved space

This space is used for Dynamic DisksMS doc is only one liable to be binding

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463525.aspx

So if you have a simple disk configuration, you can do that at your own risk (although we don't know future usages of the MSR)

If you want to create an software Raid for your System disks, you will be worried

See my above method

MiniTool Partiton Wizard does'nt know manage MSR partitions.

I wrote to them for that

AndréROJAS, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Can I delete the MSR 128mb partition?

1. Can I delete the MSR 128mb partition? - Similar Threads - delete MSR 128mb

2. What is the process of recovering from deleting the recovery, efi and msr partitions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the process of recovering from deleting the recovery, efi and msr partitions?: Rather than reinstalling I want to learn about Windows utitlities and the Command Line. I'm assuming that between the 3 partitions that I removed, the recovery partition is the least necessary. I haven't tried to restore it. Here's what I've done so far to recreate the efi...
  3. What is the process of recovering from deleting the recovery, efi and msr partitions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the process of recovering from deleting the recovery, efi and msr partitions?: Rather than reinstalling I want to learn about Windows utitlities and the Command Line. I'm assuming that between the 3 partitions that I removed, the recovery partition is the least necessary. I haven't tried to restore it. Here's what I've done so far to recreate the efi...
  4. Missing MSR partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing MSR partition: I have performed a new installation (with new motherboard, processor and SSD) of Windows 10 Professional (from an installation USB created today using the Download Tool on the Microsoft website). The installation appeared to go smoothly, but only the primary partition...
  5. Can I delete this partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I delete this partition?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/phan2kx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu5bw3/can_i_delete_this_partition/
  6. Can I delete this partition?????

Can I delete this partition?????: Can I delete the recovery partition about 100mb named as system [IMG]before the c drive?????? Is it possible to delete the recovery partition????? If I delete it, is there any possibility for any problems??????? I need to reset my desktop. So I wish to delete that...
  7. Issues with MSR Partition

Issues with MSR Partition: Hi all, I'm trying to update Windows 10 (build 1809) to the latest build 18890 in 20H1. I'm getting errors stating that it can't write to the system reserved partition, which I am aware was deleted some time ago. I haven't had any problems with Windows until this. Attached...
  8. Which partitions can I delete?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which partitions can I delete?: Hi Which of these partitions can I delete? See attach. 1 or more negate Macrum. OS on SSD. 2 additional HDs. Thank you. 47405
  9. Can I Delete This Partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I Delete This Partition: I'm planning to tidy up the partitions on my desktop PC UEFI system disk. See the disk map below from Partition Wizard. I want to delete the old unused 300GB recovery partition at the start of the drive, move the FAT32 system partition to the start of the drive and extend the...
  10. Can I delete the recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete the recovery partition?: After the update to version 1511 build 10586 Windows has created a 450 Mb recovery partition on my SSD drive. I have already deleted the created Windows_OLD folder as well as the hidden folder with update files. Can I seamlessly and without risk also delete the recovery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete msr partition

2. Can I delete MSR partition

3. deleting msr 128 mb

4. win 10 how to delete 128 mb partition,
  5. msr 128 mb