Windows 10: can I delete the profile image path key?

Discus and support can I delete the profile image path key? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just half an hour ago my Win10 machine stopped shutting down. It just restarts every time. It locked up and I put it down to the number of apps I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arthurbrogard, Oct 14, 2018.

1. can I delete the profile image path key?

Just half an hour ago my Win10 machine stopped shutting down. It just restarts every time.

It locked up and I put it down to the number of apps I had open and the kind of apps they were: video players and such.

So I switch it off to get past the lockup and was surprised that it started itself up again.

After testing again and again I now know it will not shut down. Only restarts.

So I googled and find instructions to delete profiles in registry that have the key 'profileimagepath' (https://www.easeus.com/computer-instruction/windows-10-continuously-reboots.html) in them.

so looked in the registry and found five profiles and I deleted four of them. Because they had the key in them and they didn't have a string of numbers at the top level like the last one did. I kept the last one.

But it also has 'profile image path' in it !

I googled a bit on that and saw stories of people locked out of their computers by deleting this key.

So I wonder.

Is it relevant to this restarting problem?

Should I delete it?

What else can I do about this restarting thing if that doesn't fix it ?

And, yes, it didn't fix it, deleting those other four profiles. So I wonder whether to delete the key from within this remaining profile.

:)

arthurbrogard, Oct 14, 2018

2. Deleting old MS account profile photos

Hello Paul,

Are you referring to the local account profile picture? If you are, there's no automatic method of deleting profile picture. However, you can still remove unwanted profile pictures through
    Windows Explorer. Follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button.
    • Copy and paste the path below and then press Enter.
      • %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • Delete the unwanted profile picture.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Pauloxo Win User
    Deleting old MS account profile photos

I found the solution by going to file explorer/search/this PC/account pictures

thankyou

Pauloxo, Oct 14, 2018
  4. can I delete the profile image path key?

Profile Image Path Missing

Profile Image Path is missing from the registry.

System will not boot.

Is there a way to make corrections to the registry when the system cannot be accessed?

A backup of the registry is on the hard drive which can be removed and accessed as an external drive.

Thank you

Martha

Martha1939, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

can I delete the profile image path key?

1. can I delete the profile image path key? - Similar Threads - delete profile image

2. WinRE Reset Image Path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WinRE Reset Image Path: I followed the steps for update KB5034441 in the site as well as watched a video regarding the windows update and managed to install it. But had to do extra steps such as resetting the image path. When I checked the location using command prompt it went from Partition 4...
  3. I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...: Is ther any way to get the files back.I dont think they were deleted because harddrive storage space is similar to how it was beforeI tried a system reset and it brought back some things but not images docs or pdfs.I also tried windows file recovery it did not bring anything...
  4. I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...: Is ther any way to get the files back.I dont think they were deleted because harddrive storage space is similar to how it was beforeI tried a system reset and it brought back some things but not images docs or pdfs.I also tried windows file recovery it did not bring anything...
  5. I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. how can i delete an extra profile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how can i delete an extra profile: I want to Delete an extra profile in Settings, Actually 2 Profiles.How can this be done?I'm using Microsoft Edge as the Primary browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-an-extra-profile/76d46e89-eb74-4a57-a2d5-fa3fb2a5ebc7
  7. AD Profile - Home Path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AD Profile - Home Path: Is there a way to get the changes applied after the user logged in ? We have Cisco VPN. So when the user restarts the PC, it is not connected to network. then they launch VPN and connects to our network. So if i make a change to User's profile Home folder path in AD, then how...
  8. how can profile be deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can profile be deleted: how can administrator profile be deleted on resold computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-profile-be-deleted/9e58dc30-bdd7-4a90-a7c4-06c605b5c8b8
  9. i deleted my download path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i deleted my download path: accidentaly i deleted users folder my name and downloads so all my downloads are downloading in documents help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-my-download-path/5d5fdb25-cd80-4acd-895f-bf3043ce3872
  10. How can I delete profile picture in Settings?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I delete profile picture in Settings?: Hello Please guide me how to remove these pictures Probably I got it coz I logged in with my MSA before and then signed out . Only using my local account for now Thank you [ATTACH]ly local account now...