Windows 10: Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData

Discus and support Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Expert,I am reading about the different role of each sub-folder under AppData. I am wondering if I can delete the content of Local sub-folder or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nightearth, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData

Hi Expert,I am reading about the different role of each sub-folder under AppData. I am wondering if I can delete the content of Local sub-folder or just empty the temp sub-folder under local.

:)

nightearth, Jun 23, 2021

2. Over 50GB of Temp Files in AppData Subfolder

All of 239mb less then a 1/4 of 1gb here after 3 full years.

Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData [​IMG]

I wouldn't be in such a rush to clean that out entirely however as well as in the Local Low temp which has a MS empty folder with empty sub folder safe to remove however.

Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData [​IMG]

You may just run into something like this where an active program is still accessing files there! Or after deletion a program may prompt that a file is missing. That's why there's a temp folder for temp files which each program may dump or overwrite automatically.

Night Hawk, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Figaro_J Win User
    Safe to delete AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update ?

What will I lose if I delete the 3.0 GB "Windows Phone Update" directory in my desktop AppData\Local\ folder? There are two subfolders, presumably one for each update I've installed. I'm assuming these are phone backups, with the newer one being incremental.
    So, would there be any ill effects of deleting these other than being unable to restore the phone to its prior state?

Figaro_J, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData

deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData

1. Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData - Similar Threads - delete subfolders local

2. Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?: My Antivirus Has detected a File Rep Malware in this file so What Should I do.Should I Remove It or Not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-appdata-roaming-folder/5ee75130-6620-4a51-b426-1ba3208bf282
  3. Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?: My Antivirus Has detected a File Rep Malware in this file so What Should I do.Should I Remove It or Not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-appdata-roaming-folder/5ee75130-6620-4a51-b426-1ba3208bf282
  4. Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package: I accidentally deleted appdata/local/package folder when doing Microsoft Store troubleshooting and now i can't use any Microsoft Store apps when I try opening the apps it's only showing splash screen and the app closed. how do i solve this problem?...
  5. Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?: Hi. This questions really pertains to this one right here -> “Microsoft Community” and here -> “Microsoft community forum”. Now I am just wondering which one of the four folders under AppData are safe to delete? Screenshot is below. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  6. SquirrelTemp in Appdata local

SquirrelTemp in Appdata local: Why is this folder in my appdata? is this a virus? basically i was searching for a document in win10 but i spelt in wrong and found squirrel instead. After a quick google i found out that squirrel is both a set of tools and a library, to completely manage both installation...
  7. Restoring local Appdata

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring local Appdata: I have just accidentally deleted some of my local appdata files. I wanted to only clear the temp folder, but me being me I have somehow forgotten to go into the temp folder. Will a system restore recover deleted files?...
  8. Access to Local AppData

Access to Local AppData: In short, I've developed an office add in that uses Local AppData folder to log (using Log4net) as well as produce dynamic dlls. Last year August I had our first incident of a user not being able to write to the AppData location. It seems to be an Access Denied issue. I...
  9. Over 50GB of Temp Files in AppData Subfolder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Over 50GB of Temp Files in AppData Subfolder: I have over 50 GB of folders and files in the following directory: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp Can those files be removed? I was wondering where all my space was going... prior to upgrading to Windows 10, I had 135-140GB free out of 240GB, when I upgraded to Windows...
  10. Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders: Curious thing... When deleting a X:\subfolder I am getting a recyle bin error:"The folder contains items whose names are too long for the Recycle Bin." The longest path in all the sub-subfolders is 247. When I select that file (longest path), deleting is no problem.When...