Windows 10: Can I delete the Unknown Users (followed by numbers) - Windows 10

Discus and support Can I delete the Unknown Users (followed by numbers) - Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can I delete the Unknown Users (followed by numbers) - Windows 10? I have done Malaware Scan and Defender Scan .... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by A.L.Dyer, Jul 17, 2018.

1. A.L.Dyer Win User

Can I delete the Unknown Users (followed by numbers) - Windows 10

Can I delete the Unknown Users (followed by numbers) - Windows 10? I have done Malaware Scan and Defender Scan .

:)

A.L.Dyer, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Steve_809 Win User

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Can I delete the Unknown Users (followed by numbers) - Windows 10

Unknown user account appeared after upgrade from Win 8.1 to 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    If it is an unknown account, I suggest you to follow the below step and check if that helps.

You can only delete an account, provided your account has administrator privileges.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

• Press the Windows key or click on Windows icon.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Account.
    • Now click on Family and other users.
    • Click on the user account you are willing to remove.
    • Click on Delete account and data for confirmation.
    Note: If you will delete the account and its data then you will be unable to use and get back those once deleted from there.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Can I delete the Unknown Users (followed by numbers) - Windows 10

1. Can I delete the Unknown Users (followed by numbers) - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - delete Unknown Users

2. need to delete a large number of files that have "Copy" following the file name - how can I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to delete a large number of files that have "Copy" following the file name - how can I...: Hello - At some point I must have unintentionally copied & pasted my Document file. As a result, all my doc folders have a duplicate file copy. I have been going through them selecting the copies and deleting them but as you can imagine, this is very slow. How can I work the...
  3. need to delete a large number of files that have "Copy" following the file name - how can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to delete a large number of files that have "Copy" following the file name - how can I...: Hello - At some point I must have unintentionally copied & pasted my Document file. As a result, all my doc folders have a duplicate file copy. I have been going through them selecting the copies and deleting them but as you can imagine, this is very slow. How can I work the...
  4. need to delete a large number of files that have "Copy" following the file name - how can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.: Is someone able to explain to me what and who these are please? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknown-followed-with-string-of-numbers-in/820a84be-2cc6-4547-bc79-d5810783047b
  6. 'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.: Is someone able to explain to me what and who these are please? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknown-followed-with-string-of-numbers-in/820a84be-2cc6-4547-bc79-d5810783047b
  7. 'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Deleting a User Profile...a number of questions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting a User Profile...a number of questions: I currently have my sons profile on my PC. He now has his own PC, using the same profile. I want to delete his profile from my PC but what happens to the programs he downloaded using his profile? If i delete the profile from my PC, that doesn't effect his profile on his...
  9. Unknown user account has appeared. How can I delete it?

Unknown user account has appeared. How can I delete it?: My wife's computer shows only one account in the Users Account tab in the control panel: <"wife", Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected>. When I logged on as "wife" and tried to save some files it said I didn't have proper permissions. In the C:\Users folder there...
  10. user accounts - can I delete a user account?

user accounts - can I delete a user account?: can I delete a user account in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-accounts-can-i-delete-a-user-account/915ac1a1-46cd-42f4-bdcd-e917405b8ae9"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove unknown accounts in windows 10

2. delete unknown account from windows hello

3. how to delete unknown user on windows 10

4. can i delete unknown users