Windows 10: can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space !

Discus and support can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space ! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/m7md4you [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/m7md4you, Jul 24, 2020.

1. can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space !

/u/m7md4you, Jul 24, 2020

2. Windows.old takes a lot of space.

Hi, David Haz

After resetting win10, a file called ( windows.old ) was created. It takes a lot of space.

So can I delete it? and if so, Are there side effects on my pc?

Thinks for help.

ambassador., Jul 29, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Windows.old takes a lot of space.

Hi,

Windows.old gives you the chance to go back to the previous version of Windows. If you delete the folder, you won't be able to roll back anymore. You can delete it in the File Explorer by right-clicking the folder and select
    Delete.

After 30 days from the upgrade, an automatic Disk Cleanup will run and remove Windows.old. If you want to delete it manually via Disk Cleanup, follow the steps below:

• Type Disk Cleanup in Cortana search, right-click the icon and select
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Clean up System Files to run, then check the box for Previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Clean up System Files again.
    • Check the folder if it's still there in reduced size. It means that further security changes are required to have it completely removed.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Jul 29, 2020
  4. 20997 Win User

can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space !

My computer is getting full. HOw can I see what is taking up the most space, and what I can delete?

HOw can I see what is taking up the most space, and what I can delete? I sure there is lots of junk, but not sure what to keep and what to delete

20997, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space !

1. can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space ! - Similar Threads - delete files lot

2. What is "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Temp"? It is taking a lot of space, can I delete it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Temp"? It is taking a lot of space, can I delete it...: "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Temp" is taking a lot of space, what is it? Can I delete it safely?I am using Windows 11 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-cprogram-files-x86microsofttemp-it-is/0561e27b-0814-49d1-a3d1-1769b25ee14d
  3. What is "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Temp"? It is taking a lot of space, can I delete it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Temp"? It is taking a lot of space, can I delete it...: "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Temp" is taking a lot of space, what is it? Can I delete it safely?I am using Windows 11 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-cprogram-files-x86microsofttemp-it-is/0561e27b-0814-49d1-a3d1-1769b25ee14d
  4. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  5. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  6. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  7. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  8. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space: I wanted to update a game of mine but I don’t have enough storage left (after some playing around I went from 9,8GB free space to 16,8GB, so at least that) when I look into the storage overview it says that my apps&features take 174GB, but once I look into the details, the...
  10. Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion: Was low on room for my C: drive so I decided to go uninstall some of the campaigns for HALO. All in all, it should have brought about 45gbs of space back to me. Instead, it took up MORE room and now I have 400mbs of space left. It is NOT system restore- I had this issue in...