Windows 10: Can I Delete these .tmp files?

Discus and support Can I Delete these .tmp files? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Looking at this folder <C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\EFR\sentree\protections> I see a lot of tmp files - over 1400 - with a name... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bendipa, Jul 11, 2020.

1. bendipa Win User

Can I Delete these .tmp files?

Looking at this folder <C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\EFR\sentree\protections> I see a lot of tmp files - over 1400 - with a name UIDxxxxx_info.json.tmp, where x is a number, and all showing the current date. Is it safe to delete these files, not that they take up much space? I just don't like having all these extraneous tmp files on my system.

PS: I noticed that after deleting them they just re-appear on a reboot, so probably no point in doing that.

:)

bendipa, Jul 11, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in Printfilterpipelinesvc.exe

Hello,

For us to isolate the issue about deleting a TMP file after a printing job, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started to occur?
    • Does the issue persist when you print using another device?
    • Is your printer a wireless printer?
    As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you download and run the
    printing troubleshooter

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Jul 11, 2020
  3. joad-5 Win User
    deleting tmp files

Can I delete the following files in map program files?

Gum7C21.tmp and Gut7C31.tmp.

The 2 files appear after installing W 10

Thanks in advance for an answer.

joad-5, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

how to get rid on thnDE7.tmp

Hi
    Tomhen,

Based on the details you have provided, we have some
    questions for you:

• Do you know from what application or file does thnDE7.tmp came from?

• Do you want to delete it or stop your pc from creating .tmp
      files?

• You stated that there are 2 people helping you, may I know what were the troubleshooting steps that you and they
      have done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I Delete these .tmp files? - Similar Threads - Delete tmp files

2. What are tw tmp folders in System32 folder and Can I delete them?

in Windows 10 News
    What are tw tmp folders in System32 folder and Can I delete them?: [ATTACH]The devices running on Windows operating systems have a folder in the C directory, named System32. It contains the files that are crucial for the functioning of a Windows operating system. You can access the System32 folder in your C drive but you should never delete...
  3. tmp files .tmp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  4. can I delete the file?

can I delete the file?: Are the files important or can I delete them without worrying? [ATTACH] kann ich die datein löschen?
  5. Odd TMP files - OK to delete? What are they?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Odd TMP files - OK to delete? What are they?: I was helping someone correct an ESENT error and guiding them to: System32\config\SystemProfile\AppData\Local\ and looking in my Local folder there I found a slew of .tmp folders, all zero bytes. The folders are dated from 3/13/20 to today (3/29/20) There are 19 folders...
  6. tmp files

tmp files: I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these from being created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files/743ff527-0706-4d34-8617-95f837722af4"
  7. Deleting tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp

Deleting tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp: Hello Should I be deleting .tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp? If so, when I try, I get a message saying I need administrator permission. As a user, I am an administrator. Even if I log on as "Administrator," I get the same message saying I need administrator approval. I...
  8. How can I delete tmp files in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I delete tmp files in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: How can I delete tmp files in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ? I use Internet Explorer in Windows 10. 59632
  9. Cannot delete tmp folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete tmp folders: Hi, small annoying problem, when I go to 'My PC' somehow I have a lot of temporary folders on my C: drive, and cannot get rid of them. Says that 'You require permission from the administrator to make these changes. I have tried using the command prompt with:net user...
  10. Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder: I would like to know if TMP files in System Profile folder can safely be deleted ? Actual location..C:/ Users/Windows/System32/Config/Systemprofile.. I have about 10,000 or so ! Thank you 76758