Windows 10: Can I Delete This Nonsense?

Discus and support Can I Delete This Nonsense? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The folder C>Windows>System32>config>systemprofile>AppData>Local contains, among other things, almost 2,700 folders with names like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Van1, May 6, 2021.

1. Van1 Win User

Can I Delete This Nonsense?

The folder C>Windows>System32>config>systemprofile>AppData>Local contains, among other things, almost 2,700 folders with names like tw-1a48-1754-80170ca.tmp. Far as I can tell, all the folders are empty and were created this year or last year. Also, notice the 'tmp' at the end of the name. They don't seem to me to be treated as temporary.Can I safely delete these things? I don't want to hear boilerplate stuff like they don't take much space or it's best not to mess with 'system' stuff like this. They seem to be utterly useless, and are garba

:)

Van1, May 6, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 6, 2021
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 6, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Try3, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I Delete This Nonsense? - Similar Threads - Delete Nonsense

2. A font I installed no longer can be deleted, appears on my browser at times.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A font I installed no longer can be deleted, appears on my browser at times.: Hello! I need assistance with this issue I've encountered fairly recently. I've attempted to search fixes but could not find anything that fits my designated issue.I installed a font called "Helvetica Neue" yesterday because it was a font I wanted to use. The font didn't...
  3. Microsoft Support had me delete Wifi local area connection adaptor and it didn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Support had me delete Wifi local area connection adaptor and it didn't...: My computer HP Pavilion notebook running Windows 10 wasn't showing a hotspot I created. Support had me delete the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Local Area Connection[5] adaptor and told me it would repopulate upon reboot. It has not come back. I've checked Device Manager<Network...
  4. Deleted the only User admin account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted the only User admin account: Hi there, hopefully there’s some help out there, stupidly I have deleted the only user account on my windows laptop and it won’t let me factory reset the pc.Back story is I was trying to free space in C drive because it wouldn’t allow me to uninstall anything and it wouldn’t...
  5. how to delete my account?

how to delete my account?: how to delete my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-my-account/0ec12269-bcbf-4ad2-a45b-ccf07d6a6a22
  6. How to delete primary email account on windows 10

How to delete primary email account on windows 10: I am wondering how to switch primary email accounts tied to this PC to an alternative one. I no longer use the primary email account and the microsoft account no longer exists, but I cannot remove the account since its the primary one. Is there a way to switch this so that...
  7. Unable to delete a folder under roaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a folder under roaming: So after deleting an application I went to the roaming folder to delete it and it keeps giving me a no permissions error. I cant change ownership, give permissions or anything, all show as no permissions. Even under command prompt open as administrator it gives the same...
  8. Printer icon in control panel cannot be deleted via Win32 API DeletePrinter on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer icon in control panel cannot be deleted via Win32 API DeletePrinter on Windows 10.: I'm trying to delete the printer from Windows program via Win32 API DeletePrinter, and it seems the printer Key has been deleted from registry"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers', use DeletePrinterDriverEx to delete printer driver, and the...
  9. Deleted Mail Account & folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Mail Account & folders: HiI have a fairly new Dell Windows 10 computer and set up the Mail account that came with it. Unfortunately the account got accidentally deleted and all the storage folders, and their emails, that I created under more also disappeared. I have reinstalled the account and have...
  10. Can I Delete This Nonsense?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Delete This Nonsense?: The folder C>Windows>System32>config>systemprofile>AppData>Local contains, among other things, almost 2,700 folders with names like tw-1a48-1754-80170ca.tmp. Far as I can tell, all the folders are empty and were created this year or last year. Also, notice the 'tmp' at the...