Can I delete Windows.old folder ?

Discus and support Can I delete Windows.old folder ? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Can I delete Windows.old folder ? and is it any important file inside that folder ? and where can I find my device manager ? *really 9365 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Akane, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Akane Win User

Can I delete Windows.old folder ? and is it any important file inside that folder ?

and where can I find my device manager ?

*really

:)

Akane, Jul 28, 2015
  2. SudhakarPaladugu Win User

How to delete the windows.old folders

I found a source. The old windows.old folders can not be deleted easily. But the empty windows.old folders can easily be deleted by using a Software tool "Puran Delete Empty Folders".

Thanks for all who suggested me to delete the windows.old folders from C.Drive.

SudhakarPaladugu, Jul 28, 2015
  3. vishal.1565 Win User
    Can I delete Windows.old folder?

Can I reset my windows after deleting Windows.old folder?

vishal.1565, Jul 28, 2015
  4. JoeShades Win User

i would wait, you may need to go back, windows 10 is damn disaster

JoeShades, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  7. labeeman Win User
    If you want to go back to what you had before do not delete that folder. If you are sure you will never want to go back then delete that folder. Device Manager should be in Control Panel.

labeeman, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Akane Win User

Ok thank you for all of your advice *Smile

I think I will wait arounf 1 or 2 weeks to make sure I don't have any problem with my windows 10

before I delete that folder *Smile

Akane, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    I deleted mine if I need to go back I have a clone of Windows 7 and several Macrium images of it but I think I am on 10 for good.

Gary, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can I delete Windows.old folder ? - Similar Threads - delete old folder

1. How Delete an Old "Users" Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How Delete an Old "Users" Folders: Hi, I build a PC in 2014 and installed W7 and I changed the user profile folders path in the registry for new users to be created on a drive "E:\Users" different from my small ssd "C:" drive. I have already updated to W10 and I am having some small problems, but I can not...
  2. Cant delete windows old folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant delete windows old folder: I have a 20GB file on my desktop called windows old. It won’tlet me delete manually. I have tried disc clean up, clean system files but thePrevious Windows installation(s) does not appear. The location is C:\Users\Newsmall laptop\Desktop. The file was created on 30 ‎October...
  3. Can't delete ntuser.dat from old unused User Account folder?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete ntuser.dat from old unused User Account folder?!: I'm only using local accounts. I have an unused user account folder called "Anna". It's been migrated since ages ago in Windows 8 and it shouldn't be in use. I only use my present user folder called "Anastasia". Now I want to create a fresh new account called Anna. I want...
  4. Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted: Hi guys i have Windows.old folder in my c drive every time i try to delete it says ''The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open another program Close the folder or file and try again." Here are the steps are tried to deleting 1. Try using...
  5. Not deleting old OneDrive folders - rmdir is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Not deleting old OneDrive folders - rmdir is missing: On my Win 10 Pro 64-bit, I ran autoruns. I get these entries together showing that they are not being run because rmdir is missing:"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" "" "" "" "5/15/2016 12:11 PM" "" + "Uninstall...
  6. Upgraded from Win7 to Win10, can't delete old Adobe folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded from Win7 to Win10, can't delete old Adobe folder.: Recently, I had replacements done on my desktop rig, including motherboard, CPU, 4x the amount of RAM than I used to have (32GB now, 8GB before), and two new SSDs. There is one issue I have with the secondary SSD, but that is beside the point of the question I have for this...
  7. How do I delete old Windows folders???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete old Windows folders???: Okay this is a hard question because I have been trying to do this for a while. I have two old Windows folders - 40 gig of wasted space. Here's what I have done: 1. renamed them 2. tried many times to delete them (or some of them). 3. removed "trusted installer" as the owner...
Can I delete Windows.old folder ? solved