Windows 10: Can I detect the Physical layout of a keyboard - for example a QWERTZ

Discus and support Can I detect the Physical layout of a keyboard - for example a QWERTZ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, I want to detect the actual physical keyboard nationality of a laptop. I have tried using WMI to query the win32_keyboard layout value but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Turbo Tommy, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Can I detect the Physical layout of a keyboard - for example a QWERTZ

Hi All,

I want to detect the actual physical keyboard nationality of a laptop.

I have tried using WMI to query the win32_keyboard layout value but it doesnt seem reliable.

For example I have a UK keyboard on my laptop and I get this:

C:\>wmic PATH win32_keyboard get layout

Layout

But I also get the same layout code 00000809 when I run this query on a laptop that has a quertz keyboard layout. That was not as expected, I should get layout 0000100c for Swiss French.......

Is there a way to query the physical keyboard layout with powershell? is my test qwertz laptop misreporting the layout?

Any light anyone can shed would be greatly received

Cheers Tom.

:)

Turbo Tommy, Nov 27, 2020
  2. mpbcz Win User

Czech QWERTY / QWERTZ keyboard layouts

I have a Windows 10 laptop that has a Czech QWERTY layout installed. I have a Windows 10 desktop which only allows a Czech QWERTZ keyboard to be installed! Why can I not install a Czech QWERTY layout on my desktop? Depending upon what I am doing, I use
    either an English (United States) layout or a Czech layout. QWERTZ is a pain in the ... Windows 7 always gave options to choose either a Czech QWERTY or a QWERTZ layout! And why one on my laptop and only the other on my desktop?

mpbcz, Nov 27, 2020
  3. mpbcz Win User
    Czech QWERTY / QWERTZ keyboard layouts

I have made no hardware changes on either device. I have made no recent software changes on either device, just the automatic Windows 10 updates.

I have gone through the Windows 10 settings - Region and Language. Only one Czech language option (it neither specifies QWERTY or QWERTZ.) Long ago when I first install Czech language, it was a QWERTZ keyboard layout. I did, just yesterday, uninstall Czech
    language, then reinstall Czech language. Again it only gave a non QWERTY/QWERTZ specified Czech option. After the re-installation is was still QWERTZ! This on my Windows 10 desktop.

As far as I recall, form the time I first installed it, the Czech keyboard layout on my Windows 10 laptop has always been QWERTY!

mpbcz, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Sensonic Win User

Can I detect the Physical layout of a keyboard - for example a QWERTZ

Physical keyboard driver of HTC 7 Pro

Hi there!

OK, as you probably know, there are three first generation Windows Phone 7s which are equipped with the physical QWERTY keyboard: LG Quantum (US and Canadian versions), Dell Venue Pro (US and German versions) and HTC 7 Pro (US and German versions). German version
    doesn't have QWERTY, it has QWERTZ instead. So U and Z have been swapped.

OK, the keyboard layout of Dell Venue Pro can be altered in the diagnostics. There you can choose whether you'd like to have an English or a German physical keyboard layout regardless what is the keyboard layout for the touch screen (a.k.a. digitizer).

But with HTC 7 Pro it's not possible to alter physical keyboard layouts without flashing a new physical keyboard driver to the phone (so I've understood). So you can change the touch screen (digitizer) keyboard to English but the layout of the physical keyboard
    won't change, it's still German QWERTZ.

I've contacted HTC regarding this problem but they told me to contact Microsoft because the software/driver is coming from them (that's what they told). So my question is: where can I find this software/driver to change QWERTZ to QWERTY???

Sensonic, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Can I detect the Physical layout of a keyboard - for example a QWERTZ

1. Can I detect the Physical layout of a keyboard - for example a QWERTZ - Similar Threads - detect Physical layout

2. how can i fix my physical keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i fix my physical keyboard: i was actually a trying to setup a VPN but get didn't it right,then i was ask to download driverpak which I guess its made my physical keyboard stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-my-physical-keyboard/e279be98-6670-4915-8ed8-69becd936511
  3. how can i fix my physical keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i fix my physical keyboard: i was actually a trying to setup a VPN but get didn't it right,then i was ask to download driverpak which I guess its made my physical keyboard stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-my-physical-keyboard/e279be98-6670-4915-8ed8-69becd936511
  4. how can i fix my physical keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hello, I have a physical German keyboard layout, but it's still qwerty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello, I have a physical German keyboard layout, but it's still qwerty: Hello, I have a physical German keyboard layout, but it's still qwerty, in the options of language keyboard is qwertz, but still when I type it's qwerty, on the other hand I also have english language installed, it has in keyboard options qwerty, but when I type it's...
  6. Hello, I have a physical German keyboard layout, but it's still qwerty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I have a physical German keyboard layout, but it's still qwerty: Hello, I have a physical German keyboard layout, but it's still qwerty, in the options of language keyboard is qwertz, but still when I type it's qwerty, on the other hand I also have english language installed, it has in keyboard options qwerty, but when I type it's...
  7. Hello, I have a physical German keyboard layout, but it's still qwerty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how can i change keyboard layout in WinPE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change keyboard layout in WinPE: i have my PC in arabic, i'm trying to use it the Command Prompt tool in the Recovery Mode, but my keyboard layout is in arabic which makes it impossible to use the cmdis there any way to change it?...
  9. how can i change the name of the keyboard layout? I am making a custom keyboard layout and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i change the name of the keyboard layout? I am making a custom keyboard layout and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fishey-MusicNGaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9hqdy/how_can_i_change_the_name_of_the_keyboard_layout/
  10. qwertZ to qwertY

in Windows 10 Customization
    qwertZ to qwertY: I just acquired a new KB and something happened so my input language, normally set as Serbian (Latin) QWERTY changed to QWERTZ. I know there was a way to reverse it but now I can't find it again. That's only thing that has to be remapped. Y and Z letters. 131316