Windows 10: Can I disable all my startups?

Discus and support Can I disable all my startups? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm am running an SSD drive for my C:\ with 21 startup programs. Would it hurt to disable all that I can. I don't really understand this much but if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Can I disable all my startups?

I'm am running an SSD drive for my C:\ with 21 startup programs. Would it hurt to disable all that I can. I don't really understand this much but if I disable a startup that I need then it will just startup when I need it and will just take a few seconds longer. It wouldn't hurt to just disable all the startup that it will allow me to disable?

:)

lostsoul65, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 6, 2019
  3. How can I disable "Startup" for Sticky Notes, on Windows 10 1607

Hi,

Since the steps provided did not help, we'll try a different approach. We suggest resetting Sticky Notes first then proceed on doing the same steps on how to disable it on startup. Follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Find Sticky Notes under Apps
      & features.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Repeat the steps provided by Confused Caribou.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 6, 2019
  4. JOE1865 Win User

Can I disable all my startups?

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Can I disable all my startups?

1. Can I disable all my startups? - Similar Threads - disable startups

2. Windows is disabling certain startup apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is disabling certain startup apps: So, about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that three apps that I use quite often were not running. When I looked in Apps--> Startup, the three apps were showing as diabled in Startup. I enabled them, but after several restartrs, the same three apps did not start up and sure enough,...
  3. Windows is disabling certain startup apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is disabling certain startup apps: So, about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that three apps that I use quite often were not running. When I looked in Apps--> Startup, the three apps were showing as diabled in Startup. I enabled them, but after several restartrs, the same three apps did not start up and sure enough,...
  4. How do I disable fast startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  5. How do I disable fast startup?

How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  6. Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....: Good day. From the question itself, every time I Disable Fast Startup on Windows 10 it causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen. Opposite to what other people have been experiencing. Now if I enable "Fast startup, windows has to boot twice before starting. Can...
  7. Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....: Good day. From the question itself, every time I Disable Fast Startup on Windows 10 it causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen. Opposite to what other people have been experiencing. Now if I enable "Fast startup, windows has to boot twice before starting. Can...
  8. Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....

9. Bonjour service being disabled and not starting in Windows 11 on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bonjour service being disabled and not starting in Windows 11 on startup: Been having an issue with the Bonjour services under Windows 11.It shows as stopped and disabled after startup. I have repeatedly set the service to automated to start, then started it.... but every reboot and it goes back to disabled.Before reboot:After reboot:Note that I...
  10. Bonjour service being disabled and not starting in Windows 11 on startup

Bonjour service being disabled and not starting in Windows 11 on startup: Been having an issue with the Bonjour services under Windows 11.It shows as stopped and disabled after startup. I have repeatedly set the service to automated to start, then started it.... but every reboot and it goes back to disabled.Before reboot:After reboot:Note that I...